What Car Care / Detailing Have You Done Today ?

IMG 9661 IMG 9662

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Bristle Hound, Bulldog and 2 others
NONE after starting to clean and polish my car yesterday it has been frosty overnight and I cannot do any more polishing etc.
So just sitting doing nothing much.

SWMBO's Captur got the full treatment today :thumbs up:

LxzhkyBl.jpg

Not doing any more Detailing this year lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn, V6_Man, NevMan and 3 others
Sorted my cleaning stuff today, from 1 messy box to 4 organised boxes lol
9119cae92c0654aa180597fa75a1ed3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn, V6_Man, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
Took the old girl out for a spin through cow muck / soil / salt around the Yorkshire Wolds - 3 hrs to sort it out to back to normal - daily's will have to wait
IMG 0036
IMG 0040
IMG 0047
IMG 0055
IMG 0010
:)

Reactions: jamiewatkins2004, A4A4, Audi Bairn and 4 others
Reactions: Audi Bairn
Was going to change the wheels over today, disaster . Did one and then the locking nut key started doing on all the other wheels. Ended up putting the one wheel back on . Now to source a new nut key.

Gave the A3 a clean though no polish . Used the AG Polar Blast . Very impressed with that. Angel Wax shampoo . MF towel dried and then coated with Cure ..... Like that a lot . Tyres dressed with PERL.

Sorry no photos this time

Reactions: NevMan, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Was going to change the wheels over today, disaster . Did one and then the locking nut key started doing on all the other wheels. Ended up putting the one wheel back on . Now to source a new nut key.

Gave the A3 a clean though no polish . Used the AG Polar Blast . Very impressed with that. Angel Wax shampoo . MF towel dried and then coated with Cure ..... Like that a lot . Tyres dressed with PERL.

Sorry no photos this time
Far more than I've done mate,wont you need to renew all the locking bolts and a key...
Ain't washed my car for 3 weeks mainly due to the time of year and even more so the weather of which has been changing dramatically over night....going spend all day tomorrow on it if the weather is ok

Reactions: V6_Man, Scotty75, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
Reactions: Neil Woodburn, Scotty75 and A4A4
Took the old girl out for a spin through cow muck / soil / salt around the Yorkshire Wolds - 3 hrs to sort it out to back to normal - daily's will have to wait View attachment 195703 View attachment 195704 View attachment 195705 View attachment 195706 View attachment 195707 :)

@Neil Woodburn What a Superb car!!

Same here loved The Stag.

Wanted it for my first car. But could not afford one at the time, so had to settle for Triumph Dolomite 1500HL instead.

Loved the all the chrome on that.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Scotty75
Not car related but did get some DA action this morning . Piano black subwoofer had some nasty scratches to take care of . So I though , why not. Two stage polish ,hex green with Scholl S20 . Then hex white with Menzerna 3800 ........ Bosch !!!!!!!

fd1deb25a3557a9ef82981cd6922225e.jpg
9f820def3cd83a2805c90b96e81c008a.jpg
f15c5b261ed99cf70bb012fb51500fa3.jpg
Decent job mate and decent sub as well.
BTW, then tour apple catchers on the line? Lol
Is the sib for hifi or movies? Interested in what your setup is.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scotty75
Not car related but did get some DA action this morning . Piano black subwoofer had some nasty scratches to take care of . So I though , why not. Two stage polish ,hex green with Scholl S20 . Then hex white with Menzerna 3800 ........ Bosch !!!!!!!

fd1deb25a3557a9ef82981cd6922225e.jpg
9f820def3cd83a2805c90b96e81c008a.jpg
f15c5b261ed99cf70bb012fb51500fa3.jpg
So you finally got round to it...told ya it would leave a stunning as new finish lol
Got that lx704 just after xmas and hasn't worked at all since l got it,wont pass through a video signal and a audio signal ....been in a right downer lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Scotty75
Stunning! The Stag was one of my favourite cars as a kid and the guy across the road had one in chocolate brown

The Diamond cut alloy wheels take some maintainance - spent today polishing them and coated with Planet Polish so hoping it will last to July :)
Tomorrow it is the turn of the A6 +A1 for a wash and brush up.

IMG 0071

Reactions: Bulldog, V6_Man, A4A4 and 1 other person
So you finally got round to it...told ya it would leave a stunning as new finish lol
Got that lx704 just after xmas and hasn't worked at all since l got it,wont pass through a video signal and a audio signal ....been in a right downer lol
Yeah finally did it mate your advice was spot on as always Certainly is looking better.

Can't believe your having all this hassle with the new AVR. Wish I had some suggestions but I'm totally unfamiliar with the new Pioneer receivers . Take a look on the forums is the best bet ......

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-r...er-elite-sc-lx704-sc-lx904-owners-thread.html

Good luck mate and hope you get it sorted soon .

Decent job mate and decent sub as well.
BTW, then tour apple catchers on the line? Lol
Is the sib for hifi or movies? Interested in what your setup is.

Thanks mate doesn't look too bad eh . Funnily enough its an in2fetailing wash mitt on the line .... Lol .

Sub is for HT and music. 5.1 system , Kef Q900's at the front . Kef Q600c in the centre and Monitor Audio BX2 for surrounds. I am going Atmos though , just ordered a pair of Kef Ci 200qr . So will be 5.1.2. All powered by a Yamaha RX A1070.

Last edited:
Far more than I've done mate,wont you need to renew all the locking bolts and a key...
Ain't washed my car for 3 weeks mainly due to the time of year and even more so the weather of which has been changing dramatically over night....going spend all day tomorrow on it if the weather is ok
I'm hoping to get away with just replacing the key but we'll see mate .

Feel ya pain though . First bit if work I've done to the car since getting it back . Weather has been sh*t down here . Don't envy you up there in Scotland mate . Roll in spring Tell ye though , that Cure is nice

Reactions: Jassyo06
@Neil Woodburn What a Superb car!!

Same here loved The Stag.

Wanted it for my first car. But could not afford one at the time, so had to settle for Triumph Dolomite 1500HL instead.

Loved the all the chrome on that.

Found a old photo of my Triumph, wished l kept hold of it.

IMG 20200104 210803

Reactions: NevMan, V6_Man, Neil Woodburn and 1 other person
Don’t forget the before and after pics! Did you get sorted out with new detailing supplies? I recall you saying you needed to get a number of things in the sales :whistle2:

Thanks mate doesn't look too bad eh . Funnily enough its an in2fetailing wash mitt on the line .... Lol .

Sub is for HT and music. 5.1 system , Kef Q900's at the front . Kef Q600c in the centre and Monitor Audio BX2 for surrounds. I am going Atmos though , just ordered a pair of Kef Ci 200qr . So will be 5.1.2. All powered by a Yamaha RX A1070.
Nice system mate. I've not got into HT however I'm mad on hifi.
I've got Avondale Audio Grad1 preamp, Avondale M130 mono blocks, Mytek Loberty DAC, bluos streamer for Tidal and Spotify and Audio Physic Classic 30 speakers.

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
Via tapatalk
17418f1af127705c7af7629e5c7cd896.jpg
f47790c64c0aa69e9de5559fb4c85061.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan, Kayobong, BarryG79 and 6 others
Washed both cars today...my God it was hard work...to begin with,done Jack since xmas eve...gathered one stone chip on the bonnet of my car since its last wash..will attend to that when there is more daylight hours...not seen blue sky here for a week or so,more work is required when you leave washing the car for a longer period of time..but for some strange reason it looks better to my eyes than it normally does but again this site wont let me upload a photograph...

Agree, it's hard work when you leave it to long between washes in winter. If I not got time, then just prewash spray or like the other day I just cleaned the tail pipes, alloys and dressed the tyres. The body work did not look to bad, this was enough for me to think the car looked a little cleaner.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Jassyo06
Via tapatalk
17418f1af127705c7af7629e5c7cd896.jpg
f47790c64c0aa69e9de5559fb4c85061.jpg

Looking ace mate, I wish I could keep my car in that shape but it is absolutely filthy and has been all winter, I even let VW clean it when it went in for the front end work. Shameful!

Reactions: Jassyo06
IMG 0053
Found the limits of Audi mudflaps after going to a county pub for lunch over the weekend - normality returned after a quick wash & now the rain is due :)

Found the in2detailing HP Hand Gun a must to clean out the arches of mud and cow muck / straw.

IMG 0100
IMG 0101
IMG 0103
IMG 0104
IMG 0108

Reactions: BarryG79, THQuattro, Bulldog and 4 others
Is the small gun better than the stock lance?

I would say yes - you can get into the restricted areas in the wheel arches and less effort on your wrists when using it - it has a swivel joint which connects to the HP Hose so reduces tangling of the hose - also the kit comes with various quick connection nozzles and a quick connection to fit in a snow foam gun.

This clip shows the gun in action

Reactions: NevMan
So I finally cleaned her yesterday after months of neglect. No polishing, just a routine wash. Some before and after shots. She is in a bit of a state (few dings and scratches, laquer peel on the bonnet) but will get her all fixed up in the summer.
Before:
IMG 3061 IMG 3063 IMG 3062 IMG 3066 IMG 3068 IMG 3067
After:
IMG 3073 IMG 3074 IMG 3075IMG 3076
IMG 3077

Last edited:
Reactions: THQuattro, Pinky1959, NevMan and 2 others
So I finally cleaned her yesterday after months of neglect. No polishing, just a routine wash. Some before and after shots. She is in a bit of a state (few dings and scratches, laquer peel on the bonnet) but will get her all fixed up in the summer.
Before:
View attachment 196069 View attachment 196071 View attachment 196070 View attachment 196072 View attachment 196074 View attachment 196073
After:
View attachment 196075 View attachment 196076 View attachment 196077View attachment 196080
View attachment 196078

That’s more like it

Reactions: Kayobong
I would say yes - you can get into the restricted areas in the wheel arches and less effort on your wrists when using it - it has a swivel joint which connects to the HP Hose so reduces tangling of the hose - also the kit comes with various quick connection nozzles and a quick connection to fit in a snow foam gun.

This clip shows the gun in action

My pressure washer is very old, it a karcher k2 compact, you reckon that lance would be any better than the stock lance?

Some serious beading action there mate You do tease with your pics, never give too much away, or is that just **** phone?
Shizer phone mate beading just signifies to me that my car has something protecting the paint as to make it easier to wash the next time around that's all, not a beading fanatic
My car has done 23700 miles in in 28 months a lot more than l planned at the start but still scrubs up well and it still floats my boat...

Reactions: Dunedin, NevMan and Bristle Hound
My pressure washer is very old, it a karcher k2 compact, you reckon that lance would be any better than the stock lance?

Depends what you want, new Lance won't affect pressure or power as that's a system limitation. Although many on here says it's easier to use due to the size of them.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
Depends what you want, new Lance won't affect pressure or power as that's a system limitation. Although many on here says it's easier to use due to the size of them.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

^ This