What Car Care / Detailing Have You Done Today ?

Simply doesn't look after it at all . Always dirty, shameful
I know what you mean mate, my current courtesy car is absolutely filthy but stunning looking motor. Depending on weather this Saturday might give it some TLC before it goes back, Navarra blue so with some love I can imagine it'd look stunning. Sat on 20" upgraded Audi rotor alloys too.

Reactions: Scotty75
I know what you mean mate, my current courtesy car is absolutely filthy but stunning looking motor. Depending on weather this Saturday might give it some TLC before it goes back, Navarra blue so with some love I can imagine it'd look stunning. Sat on 20" upgraded Audi rotor alloys too.
....... and then recharge the Audi dealer for the detailing

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and Adam14
Original plan was to give S4 a wash today before dropping off for Service and Most bit decided against it by dropping it off today. So, decided to give A3 another wash.

Wash routine was pretty standard, used BH Alloy Wheel Cleaner on fronts and Surfex HD on rears, arches and tyres. Also bought tyre brush from Imran @in2detailing and we'll impressed with the quality.

Snowfoamed the car using BH and decided to use @THQuattro 's shampoo, which imo is one of the best shampoos I have used after Reset, Bathe and BH Auto Wash. And whilst the plan was to use either Hydro2 or Cure I once again changed my mind and decided to use the Ceramic wax from Toby @THQuattro and I must admit I am blown away by it.

It is really easy to apply, leaves the paint really slick and the depth and gloss is equally top class. It was my second time using it and i now know I didn't use it the right way first time round. I simply applied it to the whole car and buffed straight after. Off course we will find out in the morning the true depth and gloss levels the initial results are top top class. If anyone is looking for one, I'd highly recommend. Toby - tis a top wax mate. Pics FYI:

I applied a very thin layer all over but managed to take only one photo of the roof:

2bb0c19fecba148ca2944ada1b065273.jpg

The AFTER shots:

e7387915ff264db57945a90cfbdad1b9.jpg

1e23de7a62b241136430d39897493100.jpg

e24ab7b80778b4b80783909d461c0b9d.jpg

0aa9a30108ff38d060177141f9aefb90.jpg

4855c390bcb313d209de87706647f430.jpg

e1849a2da6259a8f97566fa2e6dd5d60.jpg
@Tashfeen that looks ****** amazing!!
Crystal clear reflection.

Reactions: NevMan, V6_Man and Scotty75
You start with this and it starts raining, no forecast - WTF

680a898cb0eafcbc147f180ea68c6f77.jpg

Reactions: NevMan, Adam14 and Scotty75
Lol..... On the bright side........ That's the rinse sorted

Reactions: NevMan, V6_Man and cuke2u
Lol..... On the bright side........ That's the rinse sorted

Rain or not, once Karcher is out and all the mixes made they had to be used. So, I just finished it

068f32eab2957c86a0a1abaf5058b5d0.jpg

8284613ace8cb5d927048c350704f9db.jpg

Reactions: SPIKE_, Bristle Hound, Pinky1959 and 4 others
Rain or not, once Karcher is out and all the mixes made they had to be used. So, I just finished it

068f32eab2957c86a0a1abaf5058b5d0.jpg

8284613ace8cb5d927048c350704f9db.jpg
Yesss........ Now that's where it's at Dedication paid off Tash . Top job

Reactions: V6_Man
Washed with Bilt Hamber Auto Wash then spent ****** ages getting stuck on pollen marks off with quick detailer and a soft microfiber.

IMG 20190720 195508750 HDR 3024x2268

Reactions: SPIKE_, Jimbob76, Bristle Hound and 5 others
Finally, started coating the alloys I bought for the A3. S40, PW and C5. One done, three to go

6a1de2fdae32a065a090dec07093efba.jpg

Reactions: Pinky1959, Bristle Hound, Scotty75 and 2 others
Looking good mate

Thanks Nev. All four done. Inside polished with DA whereas outside had to be done by hand. I only just realised I had a mini one that I bought off you, which could've made life a bit easier ...

a4de53c0e9dc753d7dece9337adff1a6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: A4A4, Pinky1959, Bristle Hound and 2 others
Plan on giving the fiesta a good clean today, has only had a snow foam, followed by a citrus prewash then a rinse in the months I have been off work. Hoping I am strong enough as the front wheels are filthy and will probably require almost neat bilberry to remove the baked on brake dust.
Not so concerned about the Audi now as I know it's going at some point, but I am sure I saw a tear drop from one of it's headlamps recently :disrelieved:

Finally, started coating the alloys I bought for the A3. S40, PW and C5. One done, three to go

Spot on mate Love the wheels , going to look fab on the A3

Spot on mate Love the wheels , going to look fab on the A3

Cheers @Scotty75. These were off an S3 saloon and the wheels might balancing for the Sportback. Planning on putting them on either Tuesday or Wednesday this week. Really excited and looking forward to it

Looking good, what do you use to clean painted wheels with? My new car will have them but I'm assuming it's ok to use diluted bilberry...

Cheers @Scotty75. These were off an S3 saloon and the wheels might balancing for the Sportback. Planning on putting them on either Tuesday or Wednesday this week. Really excited and looking forward to it
Bet you are mate , looking forward to the photos. Nice wheels just make such a difference to the look of a car . As I said , they'll look top

Looking good, what do you use to clean painted wheels with? My new car will have them but I'm assuming it's ok to use diluted bilberry...
Once the wheels are coated with C5 they're a breeze to clean . Since doing mine I've only had to snowfoam and rinse . If not coated though then diluted bilberry will be fine.

Plan on giving the fiesta a good clean today, has only had a snow foam, followed by a citrus prewash then a rinse in the months I have been off work. Hoping I am strong enough as the front wheels are filthy and will probably require almost neat bilberry to remove the baked on brake dust.
Not so concerned about the Audi now as I know it's going at some point, but I am sure I saw a tear drop from one of it's headlamps recently :disrelieved:
Fiesta all cleaned and looking good, used a 50% mix of bilberry and water and the brake dust just floated off. Didn't apply any coatings though, used a shampoo with wax in it, so just rinsed off with the raceglaze.
Not feeling any after effects either, which is good news.
The A4 isn't actually looking too bad considering she's not had a proper wash in months:
20190721 111121
20190721 111131

Reactions: NevMan, Scotty75 and V6_Man

Thanks @cuke2u. I have always used BH Alloy Wheel cleaner and only recently started using CarPro IronX on all types of alloys. Bilberry like BH is acid free so, it should be OK to use neat as well as diluted.

And like @Scotty75 mentioned above I have also coated them with C5 so, maintenance should be easy now like it was on the previous set.

Reactions: cuke2u
Thnaks Nev. All four done. Inside polished with DA whereas outside had to be done by hand. I only just realised I had a mini one that I bought off you, which could've made life a bit easier ...

Haha, you numpty, mini one perfect

Reactions: Scotty75 and V6_Man
Fiesta all cleaned and looking good, used a 50% mix of bilberry and water and the brake dust just floated off. Didn't apply any coatings though, used a shampoo with wax in it, so just rinsed off with the raceglaze.
Not feeling any after effects either, which is good news.
The A4 isn't actually looking too bad considering she's not had a proper wash in months:
View attachment 187045 View attachment 187046

Good work, glad all ok with you and getting stronger. A4 still looks ace, advantage of being coated methinks

Reactions: cuke2u
Good work, glad all ok with you and getting stronger. A4 still looks ace, advantage of being coated methinks
The good thing is now I have the whole of the summer to get my physical strength back to where it was and return to work when the schools reopen. Before anyone asks I'm only on a term time contract, thus not paid in the holiday's.
So have plenty of time to restore the Audi back to its former beauty.
Over that time I plan to take the Fiesta in to a local detailing company for full treatment and ceramic coating..

Reactions: Scotty75, V6_Man and NevMan
Got back from Paphos late Thursday but haven't been on here as had quite a few things to sort

Anyway, what detailing have I done today ?
Thanks to @jassyo06 very generous PIF I got the Dodo Juice Supernatural glass sealent applied to the Avant this afternoon
Went on so easy I'm gonna do SWMBO Captur & the front windows on the caravan too lol

Loving your work @Tashfeen and @scotty76 - some serious shine going on there (feel your pain with black though Scotty - you’re chasing your tail trying to keep it looking that good, but hat off to you pal :hi:)

Spent a few hours on mine today - welcome break from the garage renovation project. Fixed one of the strip lights int’ garage this morning which hasn’t worked for about 2 years (simply due to me being too bone idle to diagnose the problem and fix it) and now enjoying the reflections from a much brighter garage after cleaning the car today. :thumbs up:

D9D2B83E FAB4 4044 B5D1 F66BD247E212

Had a natter with a neighbour while detailing the car - who is having their kitchen replaced - I’ve managed to cadge a tall unit for the garage project which can house the Karcher, diddy Dyson, big box of microfibre shizzle and other detailing guff. It’s an old unit, but good for a bit of free garage storage. Will need to modify it to fit around lower level plumbing pipes and fix it securely to the wall - but that’s tomorrow evening’s free-cycling project...

Last edited:
Reactions: A4A4, SPIKE_, scotty76 and 7 others
Reactions: scotty76, Scotty75 and V6_Man
Loving your work @Tashfeen and @scotty76 - some serious shine going on there (feel your pain with black though Scotty - you’re chasing your tail trying to keep it looking that good, but hat off to you pal :hi:)

Spent a few hours on mine today - welcome break from the garage renovation project. Fixed one of the strip lights int’ garage this morning which hasn’t worked for about 2 years (simply due to me being too bone idle to diagnose the problem and fix it) and now enjoying the reflections from a much brighter garage after cleaning the car today. :thumbs up:

View attachment 187101

Had a natter with a neighbour while detailing the car - who is having their kitchen replaced - I’ve managed to cadge a tall unit for the garage project which can house the Karcher, diddy Dyson, big box of microfibre shizzle and other detailing guff. It’s an old unit, but good for a bit of free garage storage. Will need to modify it to fit around lower level plumbing pipes and fix it securely to the wall - but that’s tomorrow evening’s free-cycling project...
You know my thoughts @Jimbob76 :sign yum:

Reactions: Jimbob76 and V6_Man

View attachment 187101

Cheers @Jimbob76. I must admit I am really looking forward to the end results on your garage. I quite like the idea of taking things slowly and bringing gradual improvements

Beautiful work on two stunning S4’s :hi:

Those tailpipes look factory fresh @Tashfeen :icon thumright:

Cheers @SPIKE_S3. Them shiny tips make a huge difference in over look of the car, isn't it

Reactions: Jimbob76, Adam14 and SPIKE_
Another week, another wash; A3 is finally getting all the attention as it is our workhorse and gets filthy real quick.

Used BH SF, Gloss Enhancer Shampoo from my detailer DMC and Toby @THQuattro 's ceramic QD.

152665ac8cecfcc7882b5b0d5b2a0209.jpg

c2dd5979a532f9b846aaa0a063fef45d.jpg

6caf9a613e741f5e1e3318e0453124d1.jpg

Reactions: Pinky1959, A4A4, THQuattro and 3 others
@Tashfeen . She's looking stunning mate The shine , gloss and reflection is knockout. Top job Toby's QD does leave a dang good finish , although knowing how many coatings you like to apply I'm going to hazard a guess that there is the culmination of some proper alchemy going on with that level of finish

Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan
Also what's this about "my detailer" ? Thought you were your Detailer Tash

@Tashfeen . She's looking stunning mate The shine , gloss and reflection is knockout. Top job Toby's QD does leave a dang good finish , although knowing how many coatings you like to apply I'm going to hazard a guess that there is the culmination of some proper alchemy going on with that level of finish

Cheers @Scotty75 and PMSL @ alchemy. I believe you are right, it has a fair few 'layers' of different stuff . I actually wanted to apply Toby's QD over wax last time I washed it but a) I didn't have the time and b) the wax had not cured.

Also what's this about "my detailer" ? Thought you were your Detailer Tash

. We all are, aren't we

Thanks Nev. All four done. Inside polished with DA whereas outside had to be done by hand. I only just realised I had a mini one that I bought off you, which could've made life a bit easier ...

Looks better and sits better compared to 17s.

ad09b15247b1c4bb11556b985c07bb16.jpg

cf735fa011c447bb361002cd99d480b4.jpg

Reactions: A4A4, DW81, Pinky1959 and 4 others
Mate ....... That looks a million times better

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man
Mate ....... That looks a million times better

Cheers @Scotty75. It does indeed mate. I am really surprised how the handling has improved with the 18s. It is slightly stiffer with the new alloys but I like it compared to the 'floaty' that I had on stock 17s.

94c6943f81fe62bcc2dcf39455abae31.jpg

Reactions: THQuattro, Pinky1959, NevMan and 1 other person
Looks better and sits better compared to 17s.

ad09b15247b1c4bb11556b985c07bb16.jpg

cf735fa011c447bb361002cd99d480b4.jpg

Nice mate, looks like an S3 ( from the side at least) seriously, much nicer alloys, and coating will make it SO easy to clean. Need to coat car now then you can stop all your alchemy

Nice mate, looks like an S3 ( from the side at least)

PMSL @X3man. You're such an a**hole

seriously, much nicer alloys, and coating will make it SO easy to clean. Need to coat car now then you can stop all your alchemy

Cheers mate. I'd always liked these alloys and glad I managed to find a good deal and they definitely change the look of the car. I am still contemplating whether or not I should go lower as the drop with 18s looks just about right-ish.

Ceramic coating is on the cards and waiting for the weather to settle down a bit in next few weeks.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Scotty75