What Car Care / Detailing Have You Done Today ?

Top effort Nev - looks great, and looks like a very satisfying colour to detail!

Grabbed myself a right little bargain this week. I’m lucky enough to be able to garage the S3, but even so, once she’s been detailed and tucked back in the garage, a week later, without any use, she’ll be covered in dust, pollen and spider poop. I’ve fancied an indoor car cover for a while, but a proper fitted one can cost silly money. Found a universal fit cover from Cosmos on Amazon for £32, and thought it was worth a punt at that price. It’s ruddy fantastic! Stretchy poly-cotton with a VERY soft inside and size medium fits a 2017 Sportback like a glove. Ok, so it doesn’t fully cover the side sills at the moment, but thats only because I currently have the roof bars on. When the bars are off (99% of the time), it’ll cover the side sills. Comes with a decent little storage bag as well. Will only use when the car is 100% clean to avoid dragging dirt over the paint, but she can go a week or two without being used after a detail so this will do a job for me.

View attachment 239925View attachment 239926View attachment 239927
Am laughing....at work this morning and you've cheered me up mate thought you'd Matte wrapped it for a second lol

Reactions: Jimbob76 and NevMan
Yes, the MOHS kit comes with Skin. So 2 coats of MOHS then Skin, but to
Be fair the Pure is ****** good IMHO
Synchro kit ?? you can have the one l coated the rear bumper with hardly any used £50 bangers

Reactions: NevMan
Spent a lot of the last two days, correcting, and then ceramic coating wife’s new Abarth 595. Nice paint to work with to be fair. Used Flex XFE-7-15 with hex green pads and Sonax perfect finish. Then used black finishing pads with Gyeon Q2 Prime ready for the coating. Coated with Gyeon Q2 Pure. Love this stuff. Nice and thick so single coat, and flashes quickly (especially outside!!) so can be wiped off without too much effort. Tomorrow onto the alloys with GTechniq C5 and will dress the tyres and protect interior.

bae349d456efa6dd2fc3a183679262a6.jpg

8e9d10480f89c0c5a24722837bcc7c88.jpg

7f5feda0842ef7fc31a05c970d416686.jpg

19760df1d914b35e72718b09886f5cf5.jpg

e342b4715adf693b744775bafbb7f96a.jpg

e51fcde358e77874e985d556da6a9dd4.jpg

2b62753cefebcffa59587abb12d83635.jpg

Ouch…£900 notes. Out of interest I have got a quote from a detailer who could do my new car before collection (they work with dealer for timings etc).

£650 for usual single stage and Carbon Collective 9H Pro range, or extra £150 for Gyeon Q2 Duraflex (5 year vs 3). Considering this or doing it myself with Pure or maybe MOHS. As you say it is the time. Took advantage of the good weather this week to do the Abarth over 3 days…1st day - decon, wash, correction. 2nd day - re-wash, panel wipe, ceramic. 3rd day - alloys, tips, interior. Estimate in total I spent 10-12 hours on it, but then a tiny car . Contemplating getting a rock awning (pop up gazebo) at some point to help with shade/rain etc
Looking great @NevMan :icon thumright:. That’s some serious money for the pro detailer route. I actually looked at the Carbon Collective range myself over the last week, and quite like the sound of it, but I am being pulled more to trying Gyeon for a change. Whats your thoughts on using the CC products….have you heard many positive comments on it? The guy I have used to date does my cars using Gtechniq Ultra for £500 which I can’t really complain to much about!!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
Looking great @NevMan :icon thumright:. That’s some serious money for the pro detailer route. I actually looked at the Carbon Collective range myself over the last week, and quite like the sound of it, but I am being pulled more to trying Gyeon for a change. Whats your thoughts on using the CC products….have you heard many positive comments on it? The guy I have used to date does my cars using Gtechniq Ultra for £500 which I can’t really complain to much about!!

Thanks @SPIKE_. To be honest on reflection I will do it myself and sticking with Gyeon. Pure is really really good have had on a few cars now so will either use that or step to multicoat like MOHS, or Synchro. No experience at all of the CC range.

50 ML Retail £95 l hardly touched the surface of the bottles....**** me the TT 's rear bumper aint that big lol l bought it less than 2 months ago

I’ll take it off your hands mate. PM me your details PayPal/bank . Your Flex XFE still going strong. To be fair only
Used on 5 cars so far.

Sen
I’ll take it off your hands mate. PM me your details PayPal/bank . Your Flex XFE still going strong. To be fair only
Used on 5 cars so far

Send me your address and I'll get it sent out to you today mate need Moby number as well for dhl

I’ve used the CC platinum wheels ceramic coating on both my winter wheels and summer wheels. Been on for nearly two years now and still going strong, big fan of CC products for the most part. If their main ceramic coating is similar then don’t think you’d be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and SPIKE_
Well the daughter pinged covid positive on her pre flat test Sunday so no holiday in Ibiza !
Instead it’s a week of cleaning the cars

here is her Alfa which prior to October last year when she got i don’t think it had seen a proper polish

so far has had a full clay bar
Chemical guys cherry
Then diamond brite ceramic coat ( the joys of freebies in the profession)
All door shuts clean then polished
Black bits done with chemical guys vsp
Glass with angelewax

Attachments

• 9C18E28A-5539-4B61-B62F-5FFA05674E20.jpeg
    9C18E28A-5539-4B61-B62F-5FFA05674E20.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 170
  • 3A2B3344-63B0-4C1A-8244-9116EA4F1D5D.jpeg
    3A2B3344-63B0-4C1A-8244-9116EA4F1D5D.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 164
Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan and Sandra
It's been a while, been very busy with work but here she is, my new car, a special Audi S3 which is absolutely rapid and has had 10's of thousands spent on it!

Detailing wise it is unbelievably clean, easily the cleanest car I've owned, not a single stone chip on the front bumper, unmarked alloys and bodywork and it seems as if it has got some sort of ceramic protection on and there are no swirls! I'm not usually a fan of silver but this Ice Silver (not sure if it was exclusive at the time but it is rare) looks stunning, especially in the sun! I do plan on decontaminating the car and will see how it looks once this has been completed. Interior wise, it has some genuine RS3 bits, and it is super clean! Anyway, here are some pics.

InkedIMG 6420 LI IMG 6421
IMG 6457IMG 6575IMG 6578

Reactions: V6_Man, Jassyo06, axelmckenzie and 1 other person
Do have a soft spot for an 8P S3, good choice pal

Reactions: Kayobong
It's been a while, been very busy with work but here she is, my new car, a special Audi S3 which is absolutely rapid and has had 10's of thousands spent on it!

Detailing wise it is unbelievably clean, easily the cleanest car I've owned, not a single stone chip on the front bumper, unmarked alloys and bodywork and it seems as if it has got some sort of ceramic protection on and there are no swirls! I'm not usually a fan of silver but this Ice Silver (not sure if it was exclusive at the time but it is rare) looks stunning, especially in the sun! I do plan on decontaminating the car and will see how it looks once this has been completed. Interior wise, it has some genuine RS3 bits, and it is super clean! Anyway, here are some pics.

View attachment 240295 View attachment 240296
View attachment 240297View attachment 240299View attachment 240300

The car looks so clean, the black wheels complemented the color of it.

Reactions: Kayobong

View attachment 240295 View attachment 240296
View attachment 240297View attachment 240299View attachment 240300
Stunning example of an 8P S3 mate but l do prefer the sportback version with the panoramic roof....which are a rare sight on the roads
Can't beat a silver Audi paint either

Reactions: V6_Man and Kayobong
I applied some Gyeon Pure to the rear wing and the bootlid....only going to correct and apply to 2 or 3 panels at a time until it's all down come the Autumn

Attachments

• 20210726_203153.jpg
    20210726_203153.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 169
  • 20210726_203320.jpg
    20210726_203320.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 162
Reactions: V6_Man, Pinky1959, AlS3BE and 4 others
I applied some Gyeon Pure to the rear wing and the bootlid....only going to correct and apply to 2 or 3 panels at a time until it's all down come the Autumn
What do you mean 'until it's all down come the Autumn'???

PS: I like the red Audi Sport on the plate holder, links in with the red of the TTS :)

Interested to hear your thoughts on Pure mate. I rate it big time.

Reactions: Jassyo06
What do you mean 'until it's all down come the Autumn'???

PS: I like the red Audi Sport on the plate holder, links in with the red of the TTS :)

He means “until it is all done come the autumn”

Reactions: S32B and Jassyo06
Interested to hear your thoughts on Pure mate. I rate it big time.
It's not as hydrophobic as the Synchro kit but gloss levels are really excellent am happy with that I applied it on thick....it took a good bit of time to cure even after it had cured properly there is still a slight resistance to its finish going to do the the bonnet and front wings this weekend

Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan
Yes, have seen some synchro videos, the water falloff is insane. I do like the candy gloss the pure gives the paint

It's not as hydrophobic as the Synchro kit but gloss levels are really excellent am happy with that I applied it on thick....it took a good bit of time to cure even after it had cured properly there is still a slight resistance to its finish going to do the the bonnet and front wings this weekend

Assume you added Cure on top whilst it fully cures?

df562856fdc52e72ce8df26e36b147cb.jpg

330dfd0520fcf19214513e656b802c22.jpg

3d0afdf2081b16270f1c9c3de53ee362.jpg

8a8584744794f92c84f89fa91195a2be.jpg

a413ce468e82fb4fc179c067ca4ba72f.jpg

52310e15eecd0812ce8b1ccb1f2558c9.jpg

9a168d940079d5cd54ad2ba6f6af90f9.jpg

Gave the wife’s classic mini a deep clean and wax. Mixed it up a bit as I had some old products sitting about so I thought I’d use them all up.

First I used AF citrus power over the whole car to get the grime off and then hosed it down.

Cleaned the wheels with TJ’s shampoo and wheel cleaner along with AG snow foam

Then a 2 bucket wash with Dodo juice super natural shampoo which I find better to use in warmer weather. Just doesn’t leave any marks in the heat I found.

Snow foamed the car and used TJ iron remover. Found 2 tiny bits of iron on the whole car. Then sprayed it with tardis and snow foamed it again.

Dried it off with EZ QD spray and the AG instadry towel.

Then gave it a hand wax with TJ ceramic wax on the main bits. Hard to reach places, decals and chrome I used the new turtle wax graphene spray.

Really happy with the results. This car will stay a garage queen and since she bought it, it’s now got 3950 from new

Reactions: MistaT, SiPie, josul and 1 other person
Fair enough.
First wash after applying pure all l can say Nev yer in for a beading treat pure is good at beading but mohs+Skin is on another planet in comparison its very easy to compare when both have been applied in the same area ie bootlid/rearwing= pure....rear bumper= Synchro

Reactions: MistaT and NevMan
Thanks mate. Would imagine flat red could be a bit of a nightmare. Will let you know how this maintains, but so far having used Pure (your recommendation!) on a couple black car’s (which as you know are a nightmare themselves) they cleaned up pretty easily…but didn’t stay clean long . Really looking forward to
My white silver JCW for maintenance. Even contemplating getting it done by a pro, using Carbon Collective Pro Series 9H, or for extra could go Gyeon Duraflex. But I may change my mind and do it myself. Felling a little jaded having done two cars in a week (father in law’s countryman and now the Abarth).
Any further thoughts on what your going to do with the new JCW @NevMan? I’m really torn between trying either Gyeon Syncro or Carbon Collective 9H Pro Range….what do you think? Really can’t choose between them, but like the idea of what seems to be a simpler process with the application of the Carbon Collective coating.

1 wheel decon and wash
2 snowfoam
3 two bucket wash gyeon bath+
4 towel and blow dry
5 gyeon cure
A good 3.5 hour detail
Image 656011

AndyF Team Navarra

Reactions: MistaT, V6_Man, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
First wash after applying pure all l can say Nev yer in for a beading treat pure is good at beading but mohs+Skin is on another planet in comparison its very easy to compare when both have been applied in the same area ie bootlid/rearwing= pure....rear bumper= Synchro

Nice one, look forward to it

Any further thoughts on what your going to do with the new JCW @NevMan? I’m really torn between trying either Gyeon Syncro or Carbon Collective 9H Pro Range….what do you think? Really can’t choose between them, but like the idea of what seems to be a simpler process with the application of the Carbon Collective coating.

Hi @SPIKE_ . Thanks to James, I am going to give Synchro a go. Bought a kit off him that he only used on his rear wing. I have watched a number of vids and read up that Synchro is just the next step up protection from my trusted Pure used on a few cars.

As far as the CC 9H, that is well rated, so don’t think you would go wrong there at all.

Reactions: V6_Man, Jassyo06 and SPIKE_
I washed it...then rinsed it with wet coat
..2 weeks ago l finally completed machine polishing all the panels... best any turbo blue paint will look...and yeah my rear reg plate came off gonna attach it again at work tomorrow

Attachments

• 20210815_171153.jpg
    20210815_171153.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 140
  • 20210815_171050.jpg
    20210815_171050.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 135
  • 20210815_171215.jpg
    20210815_171215.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 137
  • Love
Reactions: V6_Man, BarryG79, NevMan and 2 others
..2 weeks ago l finally completed machine polishing all the panels... best any turbo blue paint will look...and yeah my rear reg plate came off gonna attach it again at work tomorrow
Have you grown to love it any more @jassyo06? It really does look great. The Vorsprung alloys and RS wing really make it stand out over any other TTS you see on the roads.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan

Looks awesome mate