What Car Care / Detailing Have You Done Today ?

They were £45 each - ridiculously expensive for what they are but cheaper than I was expecting tbh. Have sent off a parts request to get a price for the S5 badge - will be interesting to see what they are going to charge for one of these.

bad news is after seeing them on the car the Mrs thought a set would look good on her Turbo Blue Q3:sorrow:. Having had the black badges on the TTRS I can’t really argue against that one so I may need to order a set for that too!

Bought the number plate holder for the TT but sent it back as I thought it looked and felt quite cheap tbh - prefer to stick the plates in the car as think it looks cleaner

Reactions: V6_Man and Jassyo06
V nice piece of kit - is fitting it a straight swap with the one the TTS comes with?

Reactions: Jassyo06
They were £45 each - ridiculously expensive for what they are but cheaper than I was expecting tbh. Have sent off a parts request to get a price for the S5 badge - will be interesting to see what they are going to charge for one of these.

bad news is after seeing them on the car the Mrs thought a set would look good on her Turbo Blue Q3:sorrow:. Having had the black badges on the TTRS I can’t really argue against that one so I may need to order a set for that too!

Bought the number plate holder for the TT but sent it back as I thought it looked and felt quite cheap tbh - prefer to stick the plates in the car as think it looks cleaner
Front and rear black TTS badges where £60 each mate

• Wow
Reactions: Frizzley
Changed the chrome Audi rings on the front and back of the car to genuine Audi black ones. Front one was surprisingly easy to do, one at the back decided it wasn’t going to give up without a fight. Overall pleased with the result and think I’ll look for a black S5 badge now
View attachment 234663View attachment 234664View attachment 234665View attachment 234666
Does look really good, although I think change the back S5 badge to a black version and leave the front chrome.

Reactions: Frizzley
one of the first jobs on my to do list after picking up the car was to get some protection on it. However after giving it its first wash it soon became clear that the paint would first need a bit of attention given close up looked as if the dealer had used a scouring pad to prep it:sob:.

44EF7B8F DD2A 4C16 BD7B CE6D6595F3D6

Being a complete novice, after doing some research on here I opted to try some Scholl S30 with an orange pad on the basis it’s would easier to take more off than put it back!

So after fitting the black badges yesterday decided it was to test the DA and spent this afternoon polishing the near side passenger door and rear quarter. Overall it seems to have removed 90 - 95% of the swirls after a couple of passes. I then gave the polished panels a coat of WoWo‘s Crystal Sealant given its quick to apply and I need to use the car.

EFFEE214 1802 434F AD5D 0A7BB6B6AEC5
02EF6149 B0AD 4DE5 B15D CA505D39FE1C

Overall am pretty pleased with the initial results but was wondering if i should use S20 first to remove the deeper marks not being removed by the S30?

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan and THQuattro
one of the first jobs on my to do list after picking up the car was to get some protection on it. However after giving it its first wash it soon became clear that the paint would first need a bit of attention given close up looked as if the dealer had used a scouring pad to prep it:sob:.

View attachment 234728

Being a complete novice, after doing some research on here I opted to try some Scholl S30 with an orange pad on the basis it’s would easier to take more off than put it back!

So after fitting the black badges yesterday decided it was to test the DA and spent this afternoon polishing the near side passenger door and rear quarter. Overall it seems to have removed 90 - 95% of the swirls after a couple of passes. I then gave the polished panels a coat of WoWo‘s Crystal Sealant given its quick to apply and I need to use the car.

View attachment 234735View attachment 234736

Overall am pretty pleased with the initial results but was wondering if i should use S20 first to remove the deeper marks not being removed by the S30?
Having used S20 it is good but...l thought it dried up quickly ie dusting ....compared to others my favorite compounds are from Menzerna and Sonax
This Trio will cover all the paint defects you'll ever encounter on the paint. when it comes to correcting paint on the vertical panels its best to spend more time on them ie divide the panels into smaller areas and don't worry you won't skin alive your clear coat with these compounds especially with a dual action polisher
7b41642b6a9231739fbd0824432163ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan, Frizzley and 2 others
Cheers :icon thumright: - i’ll give them a try.

Is there a specific pad(sj I should be looking to get to use with these?

Cheers :icon thumright: - i’ll give them a try.

Is there a specific pad(sj I should be looking to get to use with these?
If you can get your hands on them that is....it would be the Orange and the Purple pads by Flex they are a bit more expensive than the others but last longer and to my eyes correct/polish paint quicker and better the Purple pads are the best l have used mate

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan and Frizzley
Finally got around to giving the car a quick 2 pass polish with rupes yellow pads and rupes yellow top keramic polish. Honestly it as come up a treat.
I mentioned about coating the car in gtechniq csl before but with time restraints I opted for bikt hamber double speed wax. First time I've used this product or a wax come to think of it but went on very easy and wiped up just as easy as long as you slightly dampened your first Microfiber cloth and buffed off with a dry one. Didn't like the one they provided.
Couldn't stretch my budget at the moment to new rupes polishers but took a punt and bought the carbon collective nano one. Found this fantastic value for money. Great for all the intricate parts. Battery life is not the best. I believe the rupes one can be used with the mains lead which would have benefited with this one having it.
493197be0e3dc6b2fd000ae9ca5d41aa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Reactions: V6_Man, ClubSandwich, NevMan and 6 others
20210404 121748

Detailed this on Sunday
AndyF

Reactions: BarryG79, V6_Man, Jassyo06 and 3 others
@ Taxboy
Paint very good plastic wings, bonnet creeked alot when polishing.
Fake leather very good can't tell its not real. Very quick no noise !!
AndyF

Reactions: Taxboy
Got this back from the paint shop and as l expected it's got heavy marring on one end so it'll get a machine polish/correction and a few coats of ceramic...gyeon or something
8a41fb145eb8b14b52d05cfa6e944d6b.jpg
e95368dfe5f287173a1ac620b70abd55.jpg
882704b5fb660bb2a999e3c4b3c5b87f.jpg

Nice

View attachment 234831
Detailed this on Sunday
AndyF
Nice work mate to say..... l dislike Tesla's car's would be an understatement l think they modeled the front of their cars especially noticeable in white "like the car you've posted" on The Hood of a Klu Klux Clansman.... Audi's attempts on electric car design aint much better either

Reactions: Andy F
Cheers mate l just got my machine polishers back from my boss....on loan ..."always good te keep in with the boss" lol if there's one think l aint gonna be totally in love with when my car arrives is it's colour Turbo blue it really is different from Voodoo Blue to the naked eye anyways l gave the rear spoiler a once over with Soxax Perfect finish/flex purple pad and l managed to get all the defects out plus bits of black paint over spray on the Turbo Blue... think a descendant of Stevie Wonder painted it.....anyway as of next Monday my car has been sat waiting to be shipped for its 6 weeks not happy at all...emailed Gromsby Audi no reply so l am off to Glasgow Audi tomorrow afternoon to have a wee butchers aboot to see if they've anything within my budget that gives me that Whao factor TT wise that is

Reactions: Kayobong, V6_Man and NevMan
Cheers mate l just got my machine polishers back from my boss....on loan ..."always good te keep in with the boss" lol if there's one think l aint gonna be totally in love with when my car arrives is it's colour Turbo blue it really is different from Voodoo Blue to the naked eye anyways l gave the rear spoiler a once over with Soxax Perfect finish/flex purple pad and l managed to get all the defects out plus bits of black paint over spray on the Turbo Blue... think a descendant of Stevie Wonder painted it.....anyway as of next Monday my car has been sat waiting to be shipped for its 6 weeks not happy at all...emailed Gromsby Audi no reply so l am off to Glasgow Audi tomorrow afternoon to have a wee butchers aboot to see if they've anything within my budget that gives me that Whao factor TT wise that is

I did chuckle at the stevie wonder comment . Some people just don’t take enough care do they .

Fingers crossed you get the car sorted mate One way or another

Picked up a new car yesterday and gave her a thorough detail as it was filthy! It's a 1.9 TDI Audi A4 B6 with 160K miles on the clock. It is safe to say I got one hell of a deal, as I picked this up for £600. For a car this cheap you would expect a load of faults or no service history, etc. But nope... I picked it up from London from a chap who was only parting with it due to the ULEZ expansion, exempting older diesels. It has been serviced routinely with every bit of paperwork to prove it, got both keys, runs like a dream, never appears to have failed an MOT, and not had an advisory since 2013! To top it off, it's just had 4 brand new goodyear tyres, a new clutch in the past 20k miles costing £1,500.

My reasoning for getting this A4 is to give the S5 a bit of a break, as coming out of lockdown I have been doing more miles than I expected, and whilst fuel economy is not great my main concern is putting too many miles on it! So, the A4 will be my new daily, saving the S5 for those perfect sunny days.

In terms of detailing, it is very tempting to whip out the DA on the A4 it being black, but the bodywork is what lets the car down. It's not corroded thankfully but spending the majority of its life in London it has accumulated a fair share of scratches and I can safely say it's never been detailed as swirl marks and scratches are in abundance. I'm fairly sure I'll be giving it a polish as I know I won't be able to resist. Next up on my list is the interior as it has certainly seen better days. I have ordered a new set of mats (stupid I know) ready to go in the cleaned interior!
Unnamed 3Unnamed 4Unnamed 5

Reactions: THQuattro, Bryant1998, Jassyo06 and 4 others
Cleaned all the external plastic trims with Gtechniq W5, and then applied Gtechniq C4........very pleased with the results, but it will be interesting to see if the finish lasts up to the advertised 2 year protection. The C4 was very easy to apply :icon thumright:

B45D35CC 2F5F 48B1 AB3D D2C5191E6B85F3F8FB7A 3882 4632 866E 44F9D1F1BA5CE102E6C9 49EC 448E ADC7 CC1785262886217A6CC3 3ED8 430A BE47 218D50FA545A

Reactions: Jassyo06, SPIKE_ and Audi Bairn
[snip]
.....anyway as of next Monday my car has been sat waiting to be shipped for its 6 weeks not happy at all...emailed Gromsby Audi no reply so l am off to Glasgow Audi tomorrow afternoon to have a wee butchers aboot to see if they've anything within my budget that gives me that Whao factor TT wise that is

Ouch. 6 weeks is either a biblical paperwork cockup or a defect/damage found at the port.

Reactions: NevMan and AllanG
Picked up a new car yesterday and gave her a thorough detail as it was filthy! It's a 1.9 TDI Audi A4 B6 with 160K miles on the clock. It is safe to say I got one hell of a deal, as I picked this up for £600. For a car this cheap you would expect a load of faults or no service history, etc. But nope... I picked it up from London from a chap who was only parting with it due to the ULEZ expansion, exempting older diesels. It has been serviced routinely with every bit of paperwork to prove it, got both keys, runs like a dream, never appears to have failed an MOT, and not had an advisory since 2013! To top it off, it's just had 4 brand new goodyear tyres, a new clutch in the past 20k miles costing £1,500.

My reasoning for getting this A4 is to give the S5 a bit of a break, as coming out of lockdown I have been doing more miles than I expected, and whilst fuel economy is not great my main concern is putting too many miles on it! So, the A4 will be my new daily, saving the S5 for those perfect sunny days.

In terms of detailing, it is very tempting to whip out the DA on the A4 it being black, but the bodywork is what lets the car down. It's not corroded thankfully but spending the majority of its life in London it has accumulated a fair share of scratches and I can safely say it's never been detailed as swirl marks and scratches are in abundance. I'm fairly sure I'll be giving it a polish as I know I won't be able to resist. Next up on my list is the interior as it has certainly seen better days. I have ordered a new set of mats (stupid I know) ready to go in the cleaned interior!
View attachment 235408View attachment 235409View attachment 235410

Your Audi'd right up now mate a double dunter lol

Reactions: Kayobong and NevMan
Your Audi'd right up now mate a double dunter lol

Couldn’t help myself when the opportunity arose to own another Audi. Very different to my other Audi that’s for sure. It’s actually quite nice having a car you don’t have to park at the very back of the car park!

Reactions: NevMan, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
9bbd2e86e65efce5e89c0dd3b9a85936.jpg

034e0c10c0133d8a93318f1ed11bb67b.jpg

Golf was filthy. Used TJ’s products on it today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: THQuattro and Audi Bairn
This might be a bit out there for some, but it's the way I roll.
When I did my rear brake bells recently I was disappointed that the anti squeal springs were rusty and not doing the best for the gloss black calipers,
(car had been off the road for some time in lockdown disks are fine now!)
Rear caliper
so I looked around and bought these replacements.

Rear caliper springs 2

When they arrived today, I was just having a look at them and wondered what I could treat them with before fitting to prolong their life given the nasty environment they live in. To my surprise I have discovered that they are made out of Stainless steel and that they can be polished to a chrome finish with very little effort.
Rear caliper springs
They should stay better now
I have not fitted them yet but will get some before and after photos when I do.

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and Frizzley
It’s the little things that make the difference

Well got round to fitting the new (polished) rear brake springs so here's the before and after picks.

before..................................................................after
Brake spring before .............Brake spring after
we'll have to see how long they stay like that, eh?

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Reactions: NevMan
What’s the detailing etiquette for new tyres then? De-nib them for a clean look, or leave them alone for a new look? I kind of want to rip ‘em off and leave them alone in equal measure. #firstworldproblems. Just curious what you lot think, lol...

01ADB487 E009 4268 BCD6 AB1CD574E773

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I would say denib, but never actually done this myself before , but watched a Obsessed Garage vid the other day and that is part of his new tyre ritual

Reactions: DW81, V6_Man and Jimbob76