What Car Care / Detailing Have You Done Today ?

@jassyo06 - If you've got any Megs you don't want buddy I'd be willing to pay the postage if you want to send it to me ;):D

Reactions: NevMan
@jassyo06 - If you've got any Megs you don't want buddy I'd be willing to pay the postage if you want to send it to me ;):D
I had a 500 ml bottle somewhere in the conservatory or was it in the Shed but can't find it now was looking through all my stuff last week to see what l needed but it's gone missing that and a few other products stepdaughters boyfriend no doubt tosser lol

Reactions: NevMan and Bristle Hound
Ye know what mate next week I'll send you a bottle of AGHPTG or Tac systems tyre gel you chose and you can knock yer self out with it lol

Reactions: Dunedin, NevMan and Bristle Hound
Ye know what mate next week I'll send you a bottle of AGHPTG or Tac systems tyre gel you chose and you can knock yer self out with it lol
@jassyo06 - Yup. I'll take you up on the offer. Thanks my friend :thumbs up:
You decide & I will give an honest review
Must admit I do like trying new products

Reactions: Dunedin, Jassyo06 and NevMan
Nothing wrong with megs. Tried lots of these now and always come back to it. I don't undersstand why people have issues.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Nothing wrong with megs. Tried lots of these now and always come back to it. I don't undersstand why people have issues.

Messy application, honks, Cure less, slings, dust magnet .. Could go on but l think you catch my drift

Messy application, honks, Cure less, slings, dust magnet .. Could go on but l think you catch my drift
shocked.gif

laughing.gif

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan

C’mon, just be honest

Reactions: BarryG79, Bristle Hound and Jassyo06
Marathon weekend of Q5 detailing, started this PM.

1. Full interior vacuum and interior clean and wipe.

2. Leather clean with valet Pro leather soap.

36c8e0ea3428ac8ed1e27aaa5629b484.jpg

d51045cd3a197e5c44765394f14f5003.jpg

3. Leather seal/protect with Colourlock.

fbdf6daa8898f3951c384562b87e89d8.jpg

091a59bb477bd92cb70a8a7262f758b5.jpg

9e3cb99fd772ef00b1d34025ec45b20d.jpg

Love the matte factory look

4. Next up the wheels and tyres.

Before:

e4e2be65b75e5d7b8cb29e0f3c370d4e.jpg

Updates to follow.....

Reactions: BarryG79 and Bristle Hound

Before:

Updates to follow.....
You haven't done many miles in your car mate?

You haven't done many miles in your car mate?

Are you asking or saying? Have just clocked 11k. I year anniversary next week Not helped by doing over 2k over the past 3 weeks..taking son to Army Foundation College at Harrogate, then Middlesbrough the next weekend for step sons Eng U18 debut (rugby), and then North London this morning to drop off for match vs. France.

Before:

Updates to follow.....

4. All done with wheels and tyres:

I rate Gyeon tire clean:

e2e1a2b980d700d0ae934846d736e064.jpg

e0d788d9ee0bacaa9b003f49af22376c.jpg

20337ed775d26991335f661352685c58.jpg

Tyre dressing will only go on post full wash tomorrow

Reactions: Jimbob76 and Bristle Hound
Oh, and the hose eez work a treat:

f881a7047b9e7c081ac11c43976ca884.jpg

c8fe99d4f981c1495b4290616e1c2907.jpg

Reactions: Jimbob76, Pook, BarryG79 and 1 other person
4. All done with wheels and tyres:

I rate Gyeon tire clean:

e2e1a2b980d700d0ae934846d736e064.jpg

e0d788d9ee0bacaa9b003f49af22376c.jpg

20337ed775d26991335f661352685c58.jpg

Tyre dressing will only go on post full wash tomorrow

5. Full wash including valetpro citrus prewash and BH autofoam (why not both for a change), and then two bucket wash, rinse and final rinse with raceglaze canister.

6. Dry, but due to good weather and 0ppm water, a doddle.

7. CG V07

8. Engine bay plastics wiped with CarPro Perl.

9. Tyres dressed with newly purchased Gyeon tire, really good, like matte finish.

Results:

91fd6901ac6ab475df8c7f814e2c336b.jpg

1b8c6ed060d29cdd332775a5f67e950b.jpg

3f95bab6b70a00c296a2061d3f8a5a47.jpg

47cddd50ded681c907115d3bef92a591.jpg

Reactions: Pook, A4A4, BarryG79 and 2 others
Too nice to sit indoors so went and did my pipes!

I did the right hand one and then remembered about before/after shots :blink:

So before on left only :p
Left before

Left after

Right

And this is what I used, it's great stuff :)
Polish

Reactions: Taxboy, A4A4, NevMan and 3 others
Reactions: Jimbob76 and S32B
lt also leaves a good layer of protection..ie yer pipes will stay cleaner far longer...once a month application

How would you say this compares to autosol? Works well for me on JCW

Reactions: Jimbob76
No pics but today I detailed my headlights and rear clusters using rotary and compound.

Didn’t go OTT on the fronts as didn’t want to cut too deep but there was an inch or so scuff just above the bumper on one from the previous owner that has been bugging me for months and seeing as the weather was dry I got on with it. Cleared up most of the stone chips as well and they look miles better. There were a few scratches on the rears too but not anymore so all round freshened up.

Today was a productive day. :rockwoot:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
How would you say this compares to autosol? Works well for me on JCW
Autosol is far far more aggressive mate l wouldn't use autosol on exhaust tips on a regular basis, especially on black exhaust tips as it'll remove the black enamel eventually, you'd be amazed at what Autosol can remove.... Been using it for months now at work, Autosol is for restoration purposes and not for regular maintenance cleaning like the Nano composite polish

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimbob76 and NevMan
Not specifically today but done a marathon clean on the S5 yesterday, apologies for lack of photos was against the clock so was focused on finishing, can upload some pics when home (just bear in mind it will have done 90 miles today)

1. Cleaned the alloys using bilt hamber alloy cleaner
2. Scrubbed tyres and behind alloys
3. Cleaned door jams and boot jams
4. Pressure washer rinse
5. Used AngelWax cleanliness for the first time, thoroughly impressed, some stuck on dirt remained however think this was down to the lack of protection on the car
6. Rinsed off the car and went for a wash down using AF Lather, doesn't seem the best soap so open to suggestions here
7. Tackled car with AMDetails Tar remover, plus side to a white car is you can see all the tar deposits, but took forever tackling these as there was a fair amount
8, AMDetails iron fallout remover used, not a lot was picked up
9. AMDetails clay bar
10. Thorough rinse and wash again
11. Dried car using Aqua deluxe drying towel, used TRC eagle edgless to dry the alloys
12. Applied Carbon Collective Tire Protection to the tyres, gives a nice matte finish and protection (first time using this)
13. Used AF Tripple all over the car and door jams, very easy to use and gives a lovely finish.
14. Used AF Soul Wax, seemed to go on well however after buffing off could see almost some wax trails here and there, so assume I've maybe done something wrong, but no matter how hard I buffed these didn't seem to go away.
15. Hoovered the inside and washed the carpets with an APC
16. Cleaned seats using Dodo Juice Supernatural Leather Cleaner
17. Applied protection to leather seats using Dod Juice Supernatural Leather Protection
18. Cleaned all plastics with AF interior plastic cleaner
19. Cleaned glass using "Gyeon Glass", glass was a bit warm so not the best finish on these so might redo this tonight

While cleaning the amount of swirl marks on the car was insane, the downside to buying an ex demo car as assume it goes through the "audi wash" process a few times a week. So will save up and look at getting someone to correct the car, not confident in myself to do this. Also noticed this weird bubbling near the boot, not sure what it is but gone back to the dealer for them to pay to fix it!

Attachments

• 20190324_114553.jpg
    20190324_114553.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 249
Reactions: A4A4, Bristle Hound, NevMan and 1 other person
Autosol is far far more aggressive mate l wouldn't use autosol on exhaust tips on a regular basis, especially on black exhaust tips as it'll remove the black enamel eventually, you'd be amazed at what Autosol can remove.... Been using it for months now at work, Autosol is for restoration purposes and not for regular maintenance cleaning like the Nano composite polish

Fair enough mate, tips are chrome.

562a81fff52e4407ee33128b466c3dcd.jpg

Reactions: A4A4, S32B and Jassyo06
Not specifically today but done a marathon clean on the S5 yesterday, apologies for lack of photos was against the clock so was focused on finishing, can upload some pics when home (just bear in mind it will have done 90 miles today)

1. Cleaned the alloys using bilt hamber alloy cleaner
2. Scrubbed tyres and behind alloys
3. Cleaned door jams and boot jams
4. Pressure washer rinse
5. Used AngelWax cleanliness for the first time, thoroughly impressed, some stuck on dirt remained however think this was down to the lack of protection on the car
6. Rinsed off the car and went for a wash down using AF Lather, doesn't seem the best soap so open to suggestions here
7. Tackled car with AMDetails Tar remover, plus side to a white car is you can see all the tar deposits, but took forever tackling these as there was a fair amount
8, AMDetails iron fallout remover used, not a lot was picked up
9. AMDetails clay bar
10. Thorough rinse and wash again
11. Dried car using Aqua deluxe drying towel, used TRC eagle edgless to dry the alloys
12. Applied Carbon Collective Tire Protection to the tyres, gives a nice matte finish and protection (first time using this)
13. Used AF Tripple all over the car and door jams, very easy to use and gives a lovely finish.
14. Used AF Soul Wax, seemed to go on well however after buffing off could see almost some wax trails here and there, so assume I've maybe done something wrong, but no matter how hard I buffed these didn't seem to go away.
15. Hoovered the inside and washed the carpets with an APC
16. Cleaned seats using Dodo Juice Supernatural Leather Cleaner
17. Applied protection to leather seats using Dod Juice Supernatural Leather Protection
18. Cleaned all plastics with AF interior plastic cleaner
19. Cleaned glass using "Gyeon Glass", glass was a bit warm so not the best finish on these so might redo this tonight

While cleaning the amount of swirl marks on the car was insane, the downside to buying an ex demo car as assume it goes through the "audi wash" process a few times a week. So will save up and look at getting someone to correct the car, not confident in myself to do this. Also noticed this weird bubbling near the boot, not sure what it is but gone back to the dealer for them to pay to fix it!
Well done you mate sounds a lot of hard work, shame about the bumper looks deformed from the factory

Reactions: Adam14
Well done you mate sounds a lot of hard work
Spent best part of the day tackling in, like I said not 100% convinced with the application of the wax as under some sunlight could almost see wax trails, for lack of a better word. Wouldn't buff out. Not sure if it is because I used too much wax, bodywork was stone cold - the benefit of a white car.

Reactions: Jassyo06

So would you recommend Gtechniq M1 then? If not, what else?

So would you recommend Gtechniq M1 then? If not, what else?
Yeah it's a good polish and one you use on regular basis mate a little goes a long way on application
I didn't even wash my car properly this weekend left the alloys oot then left it to drip dry lol not got the time and of course they're still gritting the roads up here, 6 months a year they do it, one of the many reasons l hate living in Scotland

Yeah it's a good polish and one you use on regular basis mate a little goes a long way on application
I didn't even wash my car properly this weekend left the alloys oot then left it to drip dry lol not got the time and of course they're still gritting the roads up here, 6 months a year they do it, one of the many reasons l hate living in Scotland

Thanks mate. Gritting? What is that

Spent best part of the day tackling in, like I said not 100% convinced with the application of the wax as under some sunlight could almost see wax trails, for lack of a better word. Wouldn't buff out. Not sure if it is because I used too much wax, bodywork was stone cold - the benefit of a white car.
It won't be wax or any product trails mate it'll be caused by washing the car by the dealership valets or equivalent ie scratches caused by moving a mitt or a sponge over existing road grime onthe ppaint ie fine scratches, use a led torch at night stand at 45 degrees from the affected surface and you'll see what l mean

Do it yourself mate it's dead easy, I was worrying when I did my black S3 for the first time, but once you've done it you'll laugh about why you worried!
Just watch a few youtube videos to get the idea ;) Just take it slow, overlap, and let the weight of the DA do the work.

That bubbling looks like a reaction to something in the factory when it was painted, Lynx is well known for it in our place...so you can't wear Lynx if you work in the paint shop lol. BUT looking at the amount, is could be a damaged/repair job that hasn't be fixed very well! Easy enough to sort out though.

It won't be wax or any product trails mate it'll be caused by washing the car by the dealership valets or equivalent ie scratches caused by moving a mitt or a sponge over existing road grime onthe ppaint ie fine scratches, use a led torch at night stand at 45 degrees from the affected surface and you'll see what l mean
Aye there's loads of swirl marks and scratches on the car, so looking to save up and buy a DA polisher or get somewhere to do it for me. Thanks Jassy

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Do it yourself mate it's dead easy, I was worrying when I did my black S3 for the first time, but once you've done it you'll laugh about why you worried!
Just watch a few youtube videos to get the idea ;) Just take it slow, overlap, and let the weight of the DA do the work.

That bubbling looks like a reaction to something in the factory when it was painted, Lynx is well known for it in our place...so you can't wear Lynx if you work in the paint shop lol. BUT looking at the amount, is could be a damaged/repair job that hasn't be fixed very well! Easy enough to sort out though.
Only live once hey? Will give me something to research and save up for then

@Adam14 - Sounds good Adam but where are the pic's ? ;)
Your no.14 process could be down to over application of wax. If it is this you'll find the wax trails will disappear after the 1st wash after your detsil
You could also try using a QD which may help with the poss over application of wax
Just a thought ...

Reactions: NevMan and Adam14
£200 for everything you need to your car mate
Das 6 Pro plus I seem to remember you mentioning? I just get a bit confused with the various pads, microfibre and foam and the colours.

@Adam14 - Sounds good Adam but where are the pic's ? ;)
Your no.14 process could be down to over application of wax. If it is this you'll find the wax trails will disappear after the 1st wash after your detsil
You could also try using a QD which may help with the poss over application of wax
Just a thought ...
I thought that could be the case! No pics as didn't finish till late. Will try and get some before I leave for work in the morning, just have to bare in mind it's done 90 miles of driving today

I thought that could be the case! No pics as didn't finish till late. Will try and get some before I leave for work in the morning, just have to bare in mind it's done 90 miles of driving today

@Adam14 - Sounds like another wash to me ... :D

Reactions: Adam14 and NevMan
Give it a well deserved clean. First one in 4+ weeks. Forgot to take before photos

Snow foam
Rinse
2 bucket wash
Rinse
Dry with wolly mammoth drying towel ( fantastic towel I must add )
Clean window and applie rain x to side and rear widows. Left front bare
New layer of sonax bsd
Tires dressed and alloys wiped with some detailer.

Attachments

• 278ED2B7-5342-4AF8-A925-D23B64923471.jpeg
    278ED2B7-5342-4AF8-A925-D23B64923471.jpeg
    238.5 KB · Views: 193
  • F3B1C183-E69E-4EF1-9E3C-17AE3A7C8F96.jpeg
    F3B1C183-E69E-4EF1-9E3C-17AE3A7C8F96.jpeg
    247.9 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: Jassyo06, Bristle Hound, A4A4 and 1 other person
I don’t rate the M1 polish at all, and I’m a huge Gtechniq fan, it’s far too thin for my liking. If my tips get a little groggy I use SRP and this does the job.