Facelift What can you get away with as far as wear and tear on a lease?

Masslob

Reaction score
This is for anyone who has leased a car and then given it back

So basically my S3 now has a 6 inch shallow scratch in the bonnet, a 50p piece of gouged out plastic from the front bumper and at least 2 scuffed alloys

Now if i give it back as it is, what will they make me pay for and will the charge me stupid amount rather than market rate for repairs?

Or am i better off repairing all of it and giving it back to them mint (albeit making myself poorer)

TIA

Everything you have listed as they are not deemed as wear and tear

Reactions: AudiNutta
I do a lot of cars that go back to lease company's and if you don't do the bits you've mentioned then you will be charged lease company prices! it will be cheaper to sort yourself i.e. And I wouldn't usually recomend this unless you don't care about the car get the smart repair man out

Reactions: Jassyo06
If it helps I had a very small dink in my passenger door, probably best described as a heavy stone chip but the paint wasn't damaged when I gave my Golf back to VWFS

VWFS costed the repair at £35.

You can't get away with anything, however, it depends on the contract, if it's a personal lease then I have been told that the BVRLA guidelines don't apply, as they are for business contracts.
I VT'd my Freelander, it was, I thought, in immaculate condition, http://www.hopemotorcompany.co.uk/used-land-rover-freelander-wrexham-flintshire-1262372, here described as in excellent condition, BCA give it a slating, scratches everywhere, yet failed to spot a kernel alloy? I argued it was in reasonable condition for its age and mileage and heard nothing since.
Do not sign any paperwork as you will be admitting liability in the small print.
If you are worried, spend a few quid and get the bits sorted, smart repairs need not be expensive.

So to replace my bonnet and bumper ive been quoted 1K by a body shop and as long as the alloys are not diamond cut (are they??) about £40 an alloy to remove scuffs. Does that sound reasonable to you guys or am i getting stiffed?

Post up some pics of the damage.

I'd be inclined to get a quote for a smart repair on bonnet and leave the bumper. Total cost won't be anywhere near £1k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done that already the smart repair guys said they wont touch the bonnet (dunno why) and the bumper as its had a bit gouged out of it they didnt want to touch anyway.

The body shop was opting to just replace the whole bonnet and whole bumper rather than repair the damage

Reactions: BarryG79
There is a bloke on instagram who appears to do very well with all and everything body work related. Danny.svr is his handle.

The bonnet I imagine is a tricky one though, everything else solvable.

you must mean repair the bonnet and f/bumper not replace as a £1000 sounds to cheap if its replacement panels! The price you've been quoted doesn't sound expensive as long as it's being done properly I.e removing bumper to repair/paint and doing the whole bonnet/blending the colour into the front wings is the correct way to do the job.I should imagine that includes the dreaded vat as well? Paint and materials will probably be £200-£300ish so it's not a bad price.