what can i expect to pay for a 1.8t quattro saloon?

Ollie-B

Rockin' Shnit
Reaction score
In good condition with a decent spec, had a tdi for close to a month
and when the snow hit i quickly realised i shud of held out for a quattro and this being my first diesel (dont get me wrong its a good car) but i miss the roar of a petrol with a straight through exhaust lol thanks

I recently picked mine up for £3000 although it is an avant, not that it matters. It's a 53 plate quattro sport 1.8t with just under 110k. Was holding out for a 190 but this came up at the right price. It's a 163 but has all the bits I wanted. Good luck finding one, there wasn't many for sale when I was looking.

Arm youself with 4.5k then just be patient, the one you want will come up. Buying a car in a rush nearly allways goes wrong! Waited in the shadows for four(ish) months to get the car i wanted. Still isnt without its problems though, but dont mind fixing it cos its the one i wanted!

3500 dusnt seem too bad i paid 2500 for my 1.9 tdi its immaculate and was the cheapest b6 in my area. I will start my search for a nice quattro and see if theseller will p/x lol

im thinking of selling my 1.8tq s line , its an 04 in mauritious blue with satnav too done 86k

Varies massively. Depends on so many things age milage interior power extras ect ect.

I find if your wanting a 190 quattro with s line kit leather all the goodies low mileage. Which is rare to see youd pay big money but an early bog standard no thrills 150 you could get for 2k - 2.5k

What about selling your Tdi and going for a v6 tdi quattro ? You can get 44Mpg from them and have double the torque of the petrol car, the 1.8T is a little underpowered for the size of the car- the b6 has a lardy **** ! Do a remap and 220Bhp and 450Nm of torque are available from tick over ! I have 2 b5 1.8TQS and they don't deliver more than 28Mpg average + they are a good 200Kg lighter than the b6 quattro ! Look in the classifieds, there are 2 b6 tdi quattro there, fully loaded as well, no sludge issues to worry about, both had cambelts done and are remapped as well !

I like the sound of the v6 tdi actualy, youve opened my eyes now lol i will look into those only problem is it would be handy to p/x my car and nobody in the right mind would take a 1.9 for a v6 quat lol

I like the sound of the v6 tdi actualy, youve opened my eyes now lol i will look into those only problem is it would be handy to p/x my car and nobody in the right mind would take a 1.9 for a v6 quat lol
I would take a 1.9 Tdi in PX, try me !

Ollie, if you are considering the V6 TDI quattro route, then I'll be selling mine in the next few months!

I was going to strip out the extras* as I've kept the originals and just part-x it at Audi... but would be happy to sell it to an enthusiast as-is.

*I'll PM you the details - it turned into an essay :)

edit: although I would say that 44mpg is optimistic unless you're cruising at 65mph (it'll get 40mpg averaging around 70mph), but more like 35mpg average on a tank.... I've seen 44mpg average on a FWD V6 TDI, but that's not enough reason to get one of those - WAY too much torque for those front wheels... the economy is okay, but not the main selling point: people buy the V6 TDI for seamless smooth torque through the rev range from 1200rpm to around 4500rpm (not sure where it stops as you'll grab the next gear way before then and ride the next surge of torque)....

Last edited: