what can i do to my 2.0 tdi to make it sound a bit better?

PhilLUFC

Reaction score
just wondering what exhaust's go well / if they go well with tdi's ? or anything else to get a nice noise thanks

I had a full cat back quad tip exhaust put on mine and it drowns the deisel engine out with the meatly exhaust sound. Still no V8 :'(

No point tbh, unless you intend to put more power mods on the car.

Panel filter gives u a bit more turbo noise. But yeh as mentioned theres not alot u can do

Dont waste your money fella, it wont make a blind bit of difference, spend it on other mods or interior bits.

Hahah how do k&n like make money cos every car ive had everyone has said they do **** all haha and what like obvs remap is worth it haha what else is there people mod

Sounds alright but Nothing like them S3's ...or 2.0T.

It might sound better with a remap and backbox delete, but some of us and especially me can't afford an S3, TFSI, 3.2 etc let alone able to run one, tax one and insure one.

Buy my abt quad exhaust and piper cross panel filter...

It might sound better with a remap and backbox delete, but some of us and especially me can't afford an S3, TFSI, 3.2 etc let alone able to run one, tax one and insure one.

I know that's why I have a TDI 2.0 ....:meeting:

Haha same im only 19 so not chance i could afford insurance on a s3 haha what makes them sound so nice anyway is it purely the engine ?

I'm also wondering the same thing. Tempted to try a Pipercross panel filter to see if i hear the turbo anymore as said above, or back box delete but I'm unsure - don't want it sounding anymore like a tractor than it already does!

I'm also wondering the same thing. Tempted to try a Pipercross panel filter to see if i hear the turbo anymore as said above, or back box delete but I'm unsure - don't want it sounding anymore like a tractor than it already does!

Got a piper cross panel filter been on less than 500 miles...£30 delivered?

The standard air filter is the best thing you can have in your TDI unless you're pushing over 230bhp, if you want a better exhaust noise run a Miltek non-res system (which can be a bit drony at some rpm). The main issue is that the turbo acts as a very effective silencer for any exhaust noise on a TDI.

Deleting the back box does that fail mot or anything ? Can you point me in the right direction to what i need and where from or is it all custom

go faster or turn the stereo up?
around town mine sounds like a diesel, but on motorways +acceleration it can sound GRUFF