What 'can' I add to my A3 8VA

OliS

Reaction score
Well.... I've finally got myself an Audi again. Having swapped my E92 Coupe for an A3 8VA Sportback S-Line Quattro STronic 2.0TDI.

Bought Used as having a family has meant that my priorities are a little different these days.
I picked the one I have because it ticked all the boxes I had... at the time.

I've got the Tech Pack and also the Comfort Pack it's an SLine so I've got quite a few options included.

I'm now wondering if its possible and more importantly a reasonable price to add any of these..

1. Roof Rails. Research on here suggests not.

2. Folding Mirrors. Currently have heated electric none folding mirrors.

3. Heated Seats.

Also really interested to hear of any 'obvious' and 'easy' upgrades which I should be doing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome.
Hopefully this helps. I have a similar spec and looked for a few extras as well.
1. Wouldn’t bother unless you prepared to drill the roof.
2. Around £400 in parts to DIY then you need something like vcds to code. Easy enough job and there’s a guide here. After doing this once on my own I reckon it should only take an hour or so to do if you are good with tools.
3. Can’t see this being easy or cheap. Would expect new climate control unit with heated seat buttons and either new seats or taking the seat apart to install elements. Might be worth looking on eBay for second hand seats. Again this will need coded.

Other things worth looking at maybe reversing camera and remap/chips.

1. As above you'd need to drill in to your roof
2. There's a guy on here (@DJAlix) that can swap your mirrors for you if you wished, if you're not keen on attempting it yourself
3. Probably quite expensive, believe a company called "the only way is custom" have good reviews and turn non heated seats in to heated seats

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: DJAlix
1. As above you'd need to drill in to your roof
2. There's a guy on here (@DJAlix) that can swap your mirrors for you if you wished, if you're not keen on attempting it yourself
3. Probably quite expensive, believe a company called "the only way is custom" have good reviews and turn non heated seats in to heated seats

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
1) depends if you are wanting fashion or function. Fashion = buy stick on replicas. Function = needs a professional install so you don’t lose your load and kill someone on the motorway.
2) £580.00 supplied and fitted, new genuine parts and 2 years warranty.
3) would need to have a reg to quote but looking at over £1000 if new genuine parts are to be used.

Thanks both. If I was to give the mirrors a go myself. Can you direct me to the guide on here of how to do it?
Do I just need the mirrors? And software?
Or is it new control units and other stuff?

1) depends if you are wanting fashion or function. Fashion = buy stick on replicas. Function = needs a professional install so you don’t lose your load and kill someone on the motorway.
2) £580.00 supplied and fitted, new genuine parts and 2 years warranty.
3) would need to have a reg to quote but looking at over £1000 if new genuine parts are to be used.

Mirrors £580 for all new doesnt sound that scary but I'm more realistically going to try 2nd hand and give it a go myself.. budget wise for same reason as the car was bought used.

Therefore the roof and the heated seats are almost certainly well out of my range. Really appreciate your help.

Thanks both. If I was to give the mirrors a go myself. Can you direct me to the guide on here of how to do it?
Do I just need the mirrors? And software?
Or is it new control units and other stuff?

That depends on what’s in your car at the moment.
I already had the correct modules but some don’t so that could be another £100+ for modules.
You need to do a quick scan with vcds or similar and see what’s there.
Alex’s price at £580 is really good for fitted to be honest as I spent over £450 on parts alone. Even second hand eBay parts I could find at the time was around £100-200 for 1 mirror depending on condition so went with new.
The mirror caps can be re-used from the old mirrors. Be careful getting bits as the saloon/cabrio/sportback all use different housings so isn’t interchangeable.
It’s not difficult to fit. Just a bit of care and you should be fine. Coding can be done with obd11 which is probably the cheapest tool out there to use but also one that can create massive problems if you aren’t careful.
Use the search on here for mirror retrofit and you will find a massive guide.