What Bulb is this?

Bailey

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry if this is one of the dumbest questions ever but I really dont know.

My rear break light went today in my MY11 rear lights and I took the unit apart and got the bulb out and I have never seen one like it before.

IMG_1138.jpg

If anyone can assist that would be great.

Sorry for being so thick :(

Cheers

Bailey

I would look in the unit again.
Looks like the brass cap has been left in the unit.

take a pic of the bottom

It's a cap less wedge bulb, not sure what size as it's hard to tell from the picture, possibly a 580

I thought all brake light bulbs on the later tail lights were 382's.

url

Only wedge bulbs I'm aware of are side repeaters and interior.

Are you 100% certain bulb cap has not been left in the cluster?

955. Bosch are the only ones who do the equivalent 12v 16w (available from halfords). Halfords 955s are 12v 21w, couldnt tell u why. If u want the original toshiba 12v 16w then go back to the dealer. I may be wrong as to whether the bosch are 16w or the halfords just double check on the packaging when u buy them. It'll be printed on the side of ur bulb too, pretty sure its 12v 16w on the toshiba bulbs.

I thought all brake light bulbs on the later tail lights were 382's.

url

Only wedge bulbs I'm aware of are side repeaters and interior.

Are you 100% certain bulb cap has not been left in the cluster?

Since the mk6 golf came out i've seen nothing about 955's in most cars. Audi TT uses 3 of them in each rear cluster, wouldnt be surprised to see the same in the latest A3's too

The brake light bulbs in mine are 21W not 16W..... The brightness of the lights are control through VCDS though.

When I changed the brake light bulb in mine I used the same as Warren posted. The bulb the OP is holding is either not a brake light bulb and possibly the turn signal bulb or reversing light bulb, or the base of the bulb is still in the holder as said previously though I think the bulb that has been removed is the wrong one!

Ok guys, here are some more pictures to help find out what the bulb it is need:

First one is a close up of the bulb itself:

IMG_1144.jpg

This one is the cluster of the back light:

IMG_1145.jpg

This one is a close up of the bulb which has gone sat in the cluster at the top:

IMG_1146.jpg

Sorry about the crap quality pics though guys, it was on an iphone4s in the dark and they are not great.

Cheers All who have helped so far.

Bailey

cant you just go to halfrauds or the dealer to get 1 ?

Hi guys, sorry if this is one of the dumbest questions ever but I really dont know.

My rear break light went today in my MY11 rear lights and I took the unit apart and got the bulb out and I have never seen one like it before.

IMG_1138.jpg

If anyone can assist that would be great.

Sorry for being so thick :(

Cheers

Bailey

I love your pink nails and the pumps are just cute 😄

Reactions: Bailey
JamesO I dress up as a woman at weekends lol ;)

955 Then?