What brakes pads for Audi A4 2.7TDi Estate B7

jjbrazier

Reaction score
Hi all,

My brakes are on the way out - They sound bad and feel horrendous, but I'm struggling to find the right pads for it?

I haven't had any wear indication so I'm guessing it doesn't have one (I am yet to check for the cable), can anyone recommend what brand to get?

I tend to do quite heavy braking and I like decent brakes so better performance ones would be great!

Thanks all in advance for any advice

James

EBC Redthings .

Oe when cold and very good with more heat.

The lowest dust pad I've ever used .

100% WILL GIVE YOU my advice - OEM from AUDI .... Buy cheap pay twice ! I just coming from that way mate -bought cheap Mtec **** and now go in Audi and buy the OEM one :) the Mtec will stay in the garage (less than 4k miles 4 discs and 8 pads 260 Gbp )

Yeah definitely not keen on buying cheap! I really like my brakes to feel responsive and strong. I normally set up my cars with a decent brake system but this is the first time I've got round to sorting my Audi out.

Just curious as to what people recommend - Apparently red stuff isn't applicable on my estate, either green or yellow and I hear the green create a lot of dust..?

Stick to the boring black pads is my best advice. Pagid or Audi OE.

Reactions: dimitar.tuntov.5
Green are good for dust whilst Yellow are very dusty .

What's the EBC part numbers for the Green and Yellow ?

6be12c918b063bf7395b8380f864b90c.jpg

OEM discs and Ferodo pads ... You can't go wrong from the originals ;) i try Mtec and for less than 4k miles - **** happen ;)

Apparently red stuff isn't applicable on my estate, either green or yellow and I hear the green create a lot of dust..?
I don't know where you got the idea that Red Stuff pads aren't suitable. I have them on my 300bhp+ 3.0 TDI Avant and they work just fine.
As above low dust, there is a lot more dust from the rears than you ever get on the front. And they work well. You will have to give them some serious grief to get them to fade.
Greenstuff are useless not much better if any than OE pads, Yellow stuff are a more durable pad and on lighter cars good for the odd track day but they are very dusty.
Car parts for less have the red stuff pads at a good price. Use the code fast 10 for 10% off so I think for your car they work out around £84 for the front pads.

http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l...3f36858ef790c36862f4f08d33ae830cf7b75d&000712

Karl.