what brakes for S3 if TTRS/RS3 wont fit?

lincoln_dj

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
looking like the TTRS/RS3 upgrade is going to be a struggle with the wheels I have, so just wondering if there's an alternative. Can add better pads with stock discs/callipers, but can't see any point in swapping the discs out for standard 345mm aftermarket ones. If I go bigger, is there an alternative to the 370mm TTRS (brembo) kit?

don't really want to change the wheels if I can help it!

mods will put me at around 340-350bhp, i'm not planning on any trackdays any time soon.

cheers

AKS Tuning (I think) do an adaptor so that TTRS calipers fit standard S3 or TTS Discs. You may still need spacers though.

Reactions: lincoln_dj and S.
i've been running with spacers for ages and there's no issue with them.
you can put better pads fluid and discs but it's still no match for the stock ttrs setup. ttrs discs aren't best, there's alternative ap disc with daveB's bells but it costs a lot. you can fit ttrs brakes to the oem 345mm disc with alex vrs carriers, but i think you'll still need spacers.
you can put porsche 4pot brembo with merc ml discs ( i don't know if they need spacers, but you'll probably need carriers )
or you can go with aftermarket bolt on setup for s3 like forge, ap, vw racing, yellow speed (or something like that, a forum member has them and they are good), but they are all costly options...

Reactions: lincoln_dj
thanks for the info guys. was looking at around £1100 for TTRS setup so willing to pay up to that amount.

if better pads with stock callipers is going to be good enough for fast road then I'll stick to that i guess!

thanks for the info guys. was looking at around £1100 for TTRS setup so willing to pay up to that amount.

if better pads with stock callipers is going to be good enough for fast road then I'll stick to that i guess!
i think that ttrs setup could be sourced cheaper. they were cheap on german ebay when i got mine.