image.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 487
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 483
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 478
It's 100% not Sepang or Nargo compared them earlier...

Those are heavily edited photos. Probably Sepang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound
How do U know they're edited and what has been edited in?

It doesn't look like Sepang..

All the colours are very faded, it's been given a 'vintage' filter

fc553d49fa0023e2290335242aac9585.jpg

Fiddled/rescued best I can on my phone right now and with an already processed image (it's hard to bring an image back to natural once it's been processed once already).

Definitely gets closer to Sepang

It is Sepang and a press car.

See here (and filmed in exactly the same location)

Reactions: josedebardi and Bristle Hound
Is there anything special about a press car?
Apart from being abused by journalists - no not really. Just highlighting your images are the same car, same reg and the photos are processed stills from the video I posted. It is 100% Sepang with lunar interior - I hope that answers your opening post.

That's one of the Hill Climb RS3s. If you are thinking of purchasing have a look at what abuse they were given here.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I think it's fair to say the engines been 'run in' on that car :)

Reactions: S., T-800, AndyB-S3 and 2 others
Only benefits to "press" / "launch" cars is the spec can be slightly different/better.. one i test drove had a few things you couldn't spec individually according to salesman.. other than that..wouldn't straight swap my car for one......well maybe..lol

So I contacted a dealer selling KW15 GXL, also a Press car. I said my piece regarding it should not be sold without being clearly advertised for what it is, this is what I got....

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for getting in touch regarding our RS3 KW15GXL.

We declare the origin of every vehicle at the point of sale, it’s our legal obligation.

The car is of course still an Audi Approved Used car being subject to the same rigorous 145 point checks that all our cars go through, whether they have been trade in privately, ex press, ex demo or ex rental vehicles. Regardless of a cars origin it would also be entitled to the many great benefits when sold under the Audi Approved Used banner.

The RS3 in question is actually the 18th cheapest out of 67 in the country, with 2 before it also actually being other ex-Audi press cars, being sold at £41k and £41,400 respectively.

We would also have no possible way of knowing how that car had been driven for the entire 9,000 miles but this would not affect the work we carry out to ensure our cars can be sold as Approved Used.

Kind regards,

For the record, I wouldn't want an ex demo/press car either.

But let's not kid ourselves that we drive our cars around permanently under 2000rpm! To be fair to Audi, they have to sell the cars on and I'm sure they are rigorously checked and tested before being sold. And these cars are designed to get hammered! Usually if something fails it's to do with a defective part.

Any used car you buy, you're taking a certain amount of risk with not knowing what's happened to it.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
hello i was just asking about the colour. it would be foolish to buy a press or demo car, they're for demo purposes - unless it was extremely low in price.

anyhow, does anyone know of any colours similar to the one above? I know its Sepang, but in the altered pic it looks different, like a lighter shade or something

There's a few colours similar to sepang.. Racing blue mica is probably as close to it as any but is a tad more purpley.. if you have a spare couple/few grand then you can spec whatever shade of blue you want with the custom paint options. :)

Reactions: Jassyo06
There's a few colours similar to sepang.. Racing blue mica is probably as close to it as any but is a tad more purpley.. if you have a spare couple/few grand then you can spec whatever shade of blue you want with the custom paint options. :)
I have this in mind:
atlantis-blue-bmw-e92-m3-from-ind-looks-stunning-photo-gallery_14.jpg

Reactions: AndyB-S3
Photoshop it get a rough idea. :).. yeah if you know the name of the colour of that then audi will do it for you and a nice price..:)

Photoshop it get a rough idea. :).. yeah if you know the name of the colour of that then audi will do it for you and a nice price..:)
mate i can barely turn my computer on let a lone photoshop lol, do you reckon you can photoshop the colour in?

Lol yeah mate will give it a bash at some point. ;') i like a challenge.

Lol yeah mate will give it a bash at some point. ;') i like a challenge.
thanks mate, the colour in the beemer is ATLANTIS BLUE. if you google ATLANTIS BLUE M3you can see it in the older e92 and newer f80

i think it looks very nice

managed a quick "shop" for ya mate during my lunch..

Atlantis Blue RS3

Hopefully gives you an idea. :)

It's an ok colour but I do think it's looks a bit wishy washy. Think I'd rather stick with Sepang if wanting a blue.

I wouldn't be overly concerned buying an ex press car. The majority of people don't keep cars for longer than 3 years so will be under warranty. I know my rs3 has had a hard life but the dealing selling it won't be making a big deal of it.

Will be 2moz when am back in work bud. Am busy this evening playin ps4..haha

Reactions: S.
Sepang blue
Ara blue
Riviera blue
Voodoo blue
Hainan blue
Sprint blue

A few to look at ;)

Am also tempted with the voodoo blue.. there is still one for sale down south that is just awesome!! :)

cc17247bad80892d18c6ada7aa79e3be.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06, Terminator x and jimojameso
Yip as l said it's a pearlescent paint,with pale lilac,pale green tones running through it....special colour indeed

Images on google look darker than riviera.
5f2c0ce09358b71e4e0f9b8e42a8ba7d.jpg

This is nice