What are your RS1 and RS2 settings

Terminator x

Reaction score
So as someone who still has to wait another 11 months for my car :busted cop: interested to hear how current owners are setting up their cars. Over to you!

TX.

So as someone who still has to wait another 11 months for my car :busted cop: interested to hear how current owners are setting up their cars. Over to you!

TX.
There are no RS1 and RS2 settings, maybe confused with BMW M1 and M2 settings on the wheel? lol

My RS Individual settings are setting in comfort, torque split in dynamic, engine sound pronounced, and ESP in dynamic.

@HulkRS3 ha ha lol probably! What are the settings then? Comfort, auto, dynamic, individual?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

I do the same as my old one. 5 button presses on start up to go into dynamic. Only used RS performance where you can go flat out as it holds the revs way up. Not tried torque rear. Still getting used to how it drives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How noticeable is the difference between torque splitting in comfortable vs dynamic? Do you notice a big change when cornering or only if you're right at the edge?

Although there is no RS1 and RS2 - you can tweak RS Performance; so you could consider RS1 to be RS Individual and RS Performance to be RS2; but then we have an RS3 as we also have torque rear…. Which now I think of it they missed a change to name the mode the same as the car!

Reactions: Terminator x
How noticeable is the difference between torque splitting in comfortable vs dynamic? Do you notice a big change when cornering or only if you're right at the edge?
Give it a good boot full and it will fling the **** end out on you, but nothing like tickling the throttle on a 500bhp RWD monster.

Lane Assist switch off is also a must when you first get in. (Unless you code it to remember).

It's just dangerous. I overtook someone and once I was back in the left lane it immediately took over the steering and tried to put me back into oncoming traffic.

Reactions: Doohie and billymc92
I do the same as my old one. 5 button presses on start up to go into dynamic. Only used RS performance where you can go flat out as it holds the revs way up. Not tried torque rear. Still getting used to how it drives.

Lane Assist switch off is also a must when you first get in. (Unless you code it to remember).

It's just dangerous. I overtook someone and once I was back in the left lane it immediately took over the steering and tried to put me back into oncoming traffic.

EXACTLY as above.
RS performance is no use for daily driving as holds the revs far to high.
Lane Assist is the work of the devil !

Car always starts up in 'auto' so have to cycle through to individual (as last RS3).
I also turn off stop / start.

Reactions: kayemill and Terminator x
EXACTLY as above.
RS performance is no use for daily driving as holds the revs far to high.
Lane Assist is the work of the devil !

Car always starts up in 'auto' so have to cycle through to individual (as last RS3).
I also turn off stop / start.

One press of RS button puts you into individual.

Reactions: Add_Profile and kayemill

I just don’t understand why everyone hates on lane assist. I use it everyday and never once has it even come back and done anything like you described to me.

I just don’t understand why everyone hates on lane assist. I use it everyday and never once has it even come back and done anything like you described to me.

Maybe it depends on the road type you are used to. Around here it’s all B roads. It definitely did it though cause I almost had to change my trousers. Might be good as a motorway aid but it’s terrible for the situation I mentioned. It really is dangerous.

For my type of driving it's terrible, if it didn't pick up overbanding or tarmac seams I'd let it off partially but the fact it wrestles you on twisty B roads is a dangerous joke.

If I drove on the motorway/dual carriageway more I may find a benefit.

Off every time here.

Reactions: 8YARWY and kayemill
@HulkRS3 ha ha lol probably! What are the settings then? Comfort, auto, dynamic, individual?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

I tend to use auto for tootling around. One press of the rs button takes me to rs individual which I use if pressing on but not on a hoon, switching between S and D if caught in traffic.

Rs performance I reserve for a hoon only.

I’ve also noticed if you press the rs button you can cycle between auto / rs individual / rs performance BUT you can swap back and forth between rs mode and auto using mode select.

May seem silly but I often like to swap between rs mode and just chill mode and having the car drop a gear or two when cycling through rs performance was annoying so thought I’d mention.

Reactions: kayemill and Terminator x
Lane assist is dangerous and why anyone "uses" it (as in let's the car make up for them not paying attention) is beyond me.

Driving a 740il a while back on load and it saw a shiny line of bitumen in the road and tried to chuck me in the ditch!

Lucky I was paying attention.

Reactions: kayemill and Keano04
Lane assist is dangerous and why anyone "uses" it (as in let's the car make up for them not paying attention) is beyond me.

Driving a 740il a while back on load and it saw a shiny line of bitumen in the road and tried to chuck me in the ditch!

I have just never had these experiences. If I am driving down a B-road I turn it off. It doesn’t interfere. If it Is a main road I turn it on. One button press for on or off is barely an inconvenience!

Can't say I ever had any issues with the system in my S4 doing something like that in the years I had it.

In terms of claiming people use it because they're not paying attention is a pretty sweeping statement and probably from someone who's not used a decent version of the system for any period of time. My commute used to be a fair distance and adaptive cruise along with the lane keep assist takes the edge off that kind of driving. I was still paying attention, it just makes it that little bit more relaxing. Around town and on the back roads I turned it off unless I was in traffic when it would drive itself up to about 40mph.

Granted it takes a few drives to get used to how to use it best, I agree pulling into the left lane after an overtake it would try to keep you on the opposing carriageway but there's a very simple fix for that - use your indicator. I know you don't have to for returning to the left lane, but it's not really a hardship to flick the stalk if it's that much of an issue.

O/T but in the wifes A35 the car will drag you left if it thinks there is danger of a collision / side swipe on the right. Many many times it has dragged me left for no reason whatsoever, I can testify it is a scary event as it comes from nowhere and is completely unexpected. **** system

TX.

Reactions: kayemill
I found the Lane assist very annoying, I have coded it to remember last setting, which is fine by me, it's still there should I fancy using it,

My worst experience of it was an empty dual carraigeway and a roundabout, I went at the roundabout hard enough to need to use both lanes entering it and both lanes around and exiting back onto the dual carraigeway, how I didnt end up either on the roundabout or into the Armco exiting the roundabout I dont know, it dragged and upset the car all over the place

IMHO it's the worst 'std' feature on any car I have ever owned :)

Reactions: Terminator x and kayemill
Individual
  • balanced traction
  • comfort ammo
  • sport sound, RS splitter and steering
  • ESC on
Performance
  • soft suspension
  • sport steering and esc

Reactions: Terminator x