What are you on..?

what ya' got?

• Windows PC or Laptop

Votes: 87 73.7%
  • Apple Mac PC or Laptop

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • Linux PC or laptop

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Or some other operating system derived computer.?

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
MacBook Pro atm
But Mac Pro / iMac in office

or iPhone if i'm on the move

and occasionally Core 2 Duo PC running Vista Ultimate

Pc and Laptop

but hopefully moving to mac once i can afford a macbook

and iphone on the move as well, however this is going on ebay this week

rickparmar said:
Pc and Laptop

but hopefully moving to mac once i can afford a macbook

and iphone on the move as well, however this is going on ebay this week
You'll love the MacBook

Why you selling the iPhone? Not to your likening?
I'm well pleased with mine

iMac or iPhone, when on move!
How you all finding your iPhones???

Ill give you a samsung err g600 i think it is.. quite a new one..haha. ( for an iphone that is)

think i'm gonna get a new imac when funds allow !

Mart said:
iMac or iPhone, when on move!
How you all finding your iPhones???

I like mine a lot.

Dislikes:
SMS is a bit crap (not being able to forward / edit received messages or being able to send to more than one recipient at a time)

MMS not natively supported but works via a simple work around.

Camera functionality a bit lacking (no zoom or video capture) but good picture quality

Unlimited Cloud WiFi
Ability to view normal website (not WAP)
Integration with RNS-e/Audi Bluetooth
Visual Voicemail
Release of SDK in February should fix a lot of the little limitation at the moment and should hopefully see the release of some more great applications that will run on the iPhones OSX operating system.

Overall I'd say it's very good. The lack of 3G is not a problem for me as the EDGE technology is almost as fast in real world useage but without the ridiculous battery consumption of 3G.

Windows XP boys and girls, which came with my already built Desktop from Dell, and same on my Toshiba Lappy. I did download Firefox Mozilla for my dad's lappy though, just incase he gets bugs of some sort...

I agree with you there.

marms said:
I like mine a lot.

Dislikes:
SMS is a bit crap (not being able to forward / edit received messages or being able to send to more than one recipient at a time)

MMS not natively supported but works via a simple work around.

Camera functionality a bit lacking (no zoom or video capture) but good picture quality

Unlimited Cloud WiFi
Ability to view normal website (not WAP)
Integration with RNS-e/Audi Bluetooth
Visual Voicemail
Release of SDK in February should fix a lot of the little limitation at the moment and should hopefully see the release of some more great applications that will run on the iPhones OSX operating system.

Overall I'd say it's very good. The lack of 3G is not a problem for me as the EDGE technology is almost as fast in real world useage but without the ridiculous battery consumption of 3G.

I guess the short answer for me is that I use all kinds of stuff depending on where I am, but it's all Microshaft stuff on the whole.

Long answer would be:

PC with XP Media Centre Edition and PC with Vista Ultimate - I hasten to add that I don't really use Vista for anything apart from Media Centre, because for me it's the only useful thing that's marginally better than XP (I've not played any DX10 games here yet!) - and I managed to get an NFR copy ;)

I've got an old laptop running XP Pro that I use sometimes when out and about and I use an XP Pro desktop to visit from work occasionally; but usually when I'm not at home/on my laptop I use PDAs to surf. I've got two T-Mobile MDA Vario IIs (long story), one with Windows Mobile 5 and I flashed the other to WM6.

Regards,

Rob.

Macbook at the moment. Hopefully get an iMac in the new year.

Fujitsu siemens lappy with crappy vista
intel 3.5 dual processors gaming machine currently broke with xp

marms said:
I like mine a lot.

Dislikes:

i love the iphone, think its a very clever phone, but the sms one bugs me to much, i love forwarding and i miss the fact that i can send the same text to other people

as i can still get quite bit for it, thought ill might as well sell it,

rickparmar said:
i love the iphone, think its a very clever phone, but the sms one bugs me to much, i love forwarding and i miss the fact that i can send the same text to other people

as i can still get quite bit for it, thought ill might as well sell it,

But arn't you tied in to a contract now? Or can you just move back to a non iPhone contract?

Don't forget that apple intent to release the SDK (software developer kit) in early February and there is a very strong chance that someone will come along and be creative and sort out the smallish problems.

Can't the administrator of the site take a look at the website statistics and tell us for sure what percentage are using which operating system, browser, screen resolution etc. etc. etc.

Would be interesting to know how such a popular forum with a fair few visitors is being accessed.

marms said:
But arn't you tied in to a contract now? Or can you just move back to a non iPhone contract?

Don't forget that apple intent to release the SDK (software developer kit) in early February and there is a very strong chance that someone will come along and be creative and sort out the smallish problems.

i got mine from usa, the 4gb model so not tied into a contract

Macbook - Leopard 10.5
Iphone is coming in a week or so.....unlocked!

switched from windows about a year ago, single best technological decision i ever made

Sam-K said:
^ alternative.? how did you connect that to the net.?

LOLL!

Use Ubuntu Linux. Found it much better to use than windows XP

Win XP Pro on a laptop and desktop. My home has a wired network; I put it together years ago when wireless was still expensive! Guaranteed fast network/web connectivity though.

personally I'm on Ubuntu, at work tho, Im on XP... I quite like XP for its sins, didnt get on with Vista due to working in a software house, and driver compat issues. ANYROAD, back to cars.

vista on laptop, XP on PC and a N95 8gb for on the move

killa_z said:
Iphone is coming in a week or so.....unlocked!

Be-careful doing updates with the iPhone, can cause them to not function any more, as Apple do all updates when you sync it to iTunes.

Macbook Pro (10.4) and a Powerbook G4 (10.5)