what are the best tyres ?

Audi Dynamik

Reaction score
Hello i own an 2011 Audi a4 2.0 tfsi quattro dynamik,
My car is currently running on dunlop sp sport maxx gt tyres which i find are ok, what tyres are other people running on ? wat are the best for high performance comfort wet and dry grip and the perfect all rounder but mostly performance and ones which last rather than scrub off in two mins,
Not too bothered about the cost just as long as they are good tyres
Any suggestions then please comment

Michelin Pilot Sport 3 every time. Pefect blend of performance, all round use (wet + dry) and price.

thanks for all the input guys :) well i have been reading about my tyres people saying they are bad, i am not due a change yet but when i do all your replays will be taken into consideration, i want to get the best tyres to achieve the best my car can do :)

My A4 came with Michelin Pilot Sport on back and Marongoni Mythos on front, I have to say the Maringoni's are impressing me so far and at £100 a tyre fitted with lifetime guarantee I will seriously consider them when it comes to changing.

My A3 170 has Michelins on and will only do 10k on a set of fronts. The Michelins do have more rim protection though.

Thanks :) so far the eagle f1 assymetric 2 are the best rated by far

Sorry to jump on your Thread.

I have an A4 TDI 143 SE on 17's, it currently has 225,50's on there. Can I put a 225,45 on as the Eagle F1 asymmetric only come in that size??

Sorry to jump on your Thread.

I have an A4 TDI 143 SE on 17's, it currently has 225,50's on there. Can I put a 225,45 on as the Eagle F1 asymmetric only come in that size??

Can you, well yes, would you? Well you need to consider the rolling radius which effects your speedo.
Personally, I would stick to the correct rolling radius, if that means not using the eagle f1 then so be it, there's plenty of others out there, I've always use Falkens, never had a problem, and nice grip.

Best tyres? Any with a straight pattern that is easier to re-cut ;)

No, Conti Sport 2 are my favourite.

I used to race Supermoto, so kept my Rema TipTop regroover to get an extra 2mm out my car tyres. They end up looking like F1 tyres, just 4 parallel grooves round an otherwise smooth tyre .......

are the michelin super sports any good for my car ? bare in mind it is a a4 2.0 tfsi quattro 305 bhp remapped saloon, and love to race it about :p

No, Conti Sport 2 are my favourite.

I used to race Supermoto, so kept my Rema TipTop regroover to get an extra 2mm out my car tyres. They end up looking like F1 tyres, just 4 parallel grooves round an otherwise smooth tyre .......
deathwish

I recently bought an A4 B8 3.0tdi Quattro S line. It had brand new Marangoni Mythos 245/40/18 on the rear and worn Conti's on the front. I got 2 new Marangoni Mythos 245/40/18 for the front from Kwik Fit for £105.00 each with lifetime guarantee ( I think Kwik Fit have the sole UK license for Marangoni). I had never heard of them up until now and was dubious about getting them but I am totally impressed with them. For starters they are much quieter than the Conti's, wet handling and braking are superb, and enthusiastic dry road driving is amazing. You have to be driving like a loony to get them to break traction off the line and my car has the Spider Performance box fitted which really improves the car especially with the Audi Drive Select set to Dynamic.

They might be mid priced but I have had Michelin Pilots, Goodyear Eagles and Vredestein Sessantas on my BMW's and these Marangonis are right up there with them.

Just recently renewed my tyres with what it was originally supplied with, Pirelli Zero Rosso. 28k on first set !

Personal preference for summer tyres has always been Toyo Proxes T1R's... good in the dry, fantastic in the wet and very progressive on the limit in wet and dry, reasonable price, but not the greatest for longevity, especially high wear rates if you use them in cold weather.

Less emotively, last year's EVO magazine summer tyre test had the Pirelli P Zero's wiping the floor with everybody else in all the wet and dry rankings for stopping, braking, track times, subjective tests, etc.... I'm probably going to get these in future.

Plus all new Audi's are supplied with those as summer tyres: not sure about the Audi choice of winter tyre (Dunlop SP Winter Sport), personal preference would be the Vredestein Wintrac Xtremes that I've been usign for the last 4 years or the Continental Wintercontacts (EVO Winter tyre-test winner)...

I don't know either about audi's choice of winter tyre... Which tyres the cars are supplied with changes quite often. A few Audi's are equipped with Toyo, and Audi A7 with Yokohama!

Toyo's are waaay too noisy. Pirellis are good but I find Michellin Pilot Sport 3's best. Got 2x 18" for £300 delivered from Camskill. Bargain!

Toyo's are waaay too noisy. Pirellis are good but I find Michellin Pilot Sport 3's best. Got 2x 18" for £300 delivered from Camskill. Bargain!

I agree I recently got 2 x 19" ones for £420 delivered and I'm really pleased with them so much better than the Contis they replaced!

Hello i own an 2011 Audi a4 2.0 tfsi quattro dynamik,
My car is currently running on dunlop sp sport maxx gt tyres which i find are ok, what tyres are other people running on ? wat are the best for high performance comfort wet and dry grip and the perfect all rounder but mostly performance and ones which last rather than scrub off in two mins,
Not too bothered about the cost just as long as they are good tyres
Any suggestions then please comment

Hi Audi Dynamik;1470037, You could try Continentials sp5 or good year efficent grip performance. I wanted to ask you about your tyres as i am looking for some and the dunlop sport maxxx rt was one of them but wasn't sure how they are. Can you give me some tips how you found them as they seem all rounder good rating EU Label A-C and 68 db compared to others. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Vik.

I replaced mine with Dunlop Sp Sport maxx gt again as they are a fantastic allrounder :)

I'm a long way off yet but the time will soon come around....... I currently have the Conti Sport 3, personally I think these are great tyres and recently in the wet they have performed extremely well!! I get the impression these aren't very well rated reading the above, be interested to hear opinions.

I'm a long way off yet but the time will soon come around....... I currently have the Conti Sport 3, personally I think these are great tyres and recently in the wet they have performed extremely well!! I get the impression these aren't very well rated reading the above, be interested to hear opinions.

Hi this is Vik i have an Audi A4 b7 Sline SE 2.0 TDI 57 plate. Looking for tyres but after reading more into this i am so confused now as before on previous car didn't taker much interest in which tyres was chosen the cheapest option was never a bad thing but now reading into these ratings.

So i am looking for rating from A for the grip C for fuel and 68-72 db, i have come across the Contis SP5 very highly rated, Good year Efficent Grip Performance or the Dunlop Sport Maxxx RT.

Can decide most of the forums are all talking about the Conti and not heard much about Dunlops but i know these are pretty good also and of course we all know Good Year. Any Suggestions ?

I was exactly the same as you. I read the other tyres thread and was set on the Dunlops, but then I actually looked at the official ratings and saw that the Conti SC5s were better at rain and fuel so I the I'm going for them tyreleader.co.uk seem to be priced well.

Personal preference for summer tyres has always been Toyo Proxes T1R's... good in the dry, fantastic in the wet and very progressive on the limit in wet and dry, reasonable price, but not the greatest for longevity, especially high wear rates if you use them in cold weather.

Really!!!
Searously rubbish tyres ime, a 2+ ton car would fold them jelly sidewalls apart on the first corner, and they go off very quickly on a spirited drive, had them on my Subaru and would never touch them again after reading all the 'good' reviews, NOT.

For the heavy audis (you need to consider weight of car when buying tyres ime too) the 3 that I'd choose are
For pure handling and fun and decent all rounder = michelin ps3
For great all rounder wet n dry = f1 *** 2
For long lasting, quiet and generally great all round = Goodyear sm gt

But if you want pure track rubber then that's a different ball game

I've got some track tyres Michelin pilot super sport plus which when fitted looked almost ready to throw away but I have been told they are the best road legal tyres for the track but can't use in the wet at all, I took off some Michelin pilot sport 3s which were very good tyres and very hard wearing I would recommend them to anyone really, infact they are for sale still look as new, also before them I had pirelli p zero rosso which were just dreadful tyres they only did 500 miles and came off as they were not very good grip so again they are for sale lol

Quite.Ive had quite a few conti tyres, sportcontact 2's that were really grippy but only got 8k on the front end...sportcontact3's that i took off after a fortnight as they were awful in the wet, and sportcontact5p's which are such an improvement over the 3.Great in the wet and dry and got about 18k out of them.Running bridgestone s001's at the moment which are really good too, and will try some michelin supersports next. Im sick of the tyre reviews in all the mags as they contradict each other so it makes no sense to take thier recommendations.Its forums such as this that have valued opinions by real owners with real cars in real conditions. But as ever, one mans meat is another mans poison lol

I'm waiting patiently for the conti silents to go on general sale.

G
Quite.Ive had quite a few conti tyres, sportcontact 2's that were really grippy but only got 8k on the front end...sportcontact3's that i took off after a fortnight as they were awful in the wet, and sportcontact5p's which are such an improvement over the 3.Great in the wet and dry and got about 18k out of them.Running bridgestone s001's at the moment which are really good too, and will try some michelin supersports next. Im sick of the tyre reviews in all the mags as they contradict each other so it makes no sense to take thier recommendations.Its forums such as this that have valued opinions by real owners with real cars in real conditions. But as ever, one mans meat is another mans poison lol

The latter is a very true statment.

I've just put 2x19s Michelin Pilot Sport 3s on my 2.0 Tdi (177), got the pair for £400 fitted with a £50 fuel voucher :)
Really pleased with them so far, much quieter than the Contis too.

I've just put 2x19s Michelin Pilot Sport 3s on my 2.0 Tdi (177), got the pair for £400 fitted with a £50 fuel voucher :)
Really pleased with them so far, much quieter than the Contis too.
Damm, their only about £160-£170 each then £10-£15 fitting.

I looked at that, but it still worked out slightly cheaper with the fuel voucher, and it was less hassle!