what are the benefits of a revo on an s3

[ QUOTE ]
can you tell me the detials and benifits of a revo upgrade

[/ QUOTE ]

1) ~260BHP
2) Takes literally 30mins to do
3) ECU is untouched
4) SPS boxes available to tweak settings

3&4 are particuarly useful if the car is under warranty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Main down side is that vast majority of Revo dealers dont have RR facilitles so besides reading fault codes there are no diagnostics carried out on the car during the remap. Consequently you hear of quite a few people complaining of problems after Revo...in 99% of cases they were existing faults that were made more ovbious by the increase in boost - a RR session during a traditional remap would of highlighted such problems earlier.

A

[ QUOTE ]
can you tell me the detials and benifits of a revo upgrade

[/ QUOTE ]

Try the 5 Hr free trial at your local Revo dealer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif and all will be revealed.

However the down side is it cost £499.00 & vat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif and once the trial runs out you will be looking for a ways to find 500 quid immediatley for the perminant job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I am thinking of having a revo done, the free trial sways it for me, it seems risk free.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you plan to have your car mapped at Jabba (or im guessing any other tuner apart from Revo) be aware that it takes them extra time to sort the code thats left there from a Revo trial

adds a few hours to the mapping time, from what i was told

also heard that AMD (which seems to be the most popular here on ASnet) don't like working on the ECU after revo have been there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

Whatever their reasons you can just go back to the revo dealer and they will flash the standard map back on - then you wont have any issues with AMD etc

Dunc