What are my rims worth?

V6Pete

Now running on Bentley's y'all
Reaction score
I've got a set of OE S-Line 5 spokes (RS6 stylee).

They're all straight, but do have some minor scuffs and kerbing so could do with a refurb.

Any idea what these should sell for?

Cheers,

Pete

I sold a set of 19" reps last year for £275 they were spotless no kerbs no tyres

Couple hundred Pete, £300ish..

Cool, £300 seems fair, it's what I had in mind.

Getting these and giving them a paint would be a better option for somebody than a set of replicas, for not much more cash too.

I've been considering selling my S-Line 18" set of alloys and was looking to replace with some BBS reps (didnt fancy paying 3k for genuine BBS). Is the difference between the quality of reps vs genuine alloys as big as the price gap suggests? or is it just pot luck with reps? If reps are going to be poor quality/weak I think ill stick with the s-lines...

I've got a set of OE S-Line 5 spokes (RS6 stylee).

They're all straight, but do have some minor scuffs and kerbing so could do with a refurb.

Any idea what these should sell for?

Cheers,

Pete

I think they're only worth about £100 nowadays mate, in which case.....................I'll take them off your hands!!!!!! :eyebrows:

I've been considering selling my S-Line 18" set of alloys and was looking to replace with some BBS reps (didnt fancy paying 3k for genuine BBS). Is the difference between the quality of reps vs genuine alloys as big as the price gap suggests? or is it just pot luck with reps? If reps are going to be poor quality/weak I think ill stick with the s-lines...

Replicas do vary in quality; some are better than others. But OE wheels are generally much stronger, and are less prone to buckling or breaking. I'd always stick with OE where the is a choice.

reps are cheap for a reason, they skimp on quality.

Thanks - I guess I'm sticking with the S-Lines then!

I'm thinking of getting them powder coated - Anthracite/Gunmetal or maybe darker... Anyone aware of any pics where someone has had this done?

I'm looking to go black optic grille on an Avus silver car and leaving the S-Lines in the standard colour just doesnt look right!

Thanks - I guess I'm sticking with the S-Lines then!

I'm thinking of getting them powder coated - Anthracite/Gunmetal or maybe darker... Anyone aware of any pics where someone has had this done?

I'm looking to go black optic grille on an Avus silver car and leaving the S-Lines in the standard colour just doesnt look right!

Black / anthracite looks great aganist Avus silver.

Getting the wheels professionally painted is even easier if you buy a spare set to paint up, then sell yours when you're done ;)