What are my chances? And who to contact.

dragon

Reaction score
As some of you may know I have owned a S3 sportback for about 18 months and have had numerous mechanical issues. This has finally reached a point where I have no confidence in the vehicle and am getting shot of it. Granted the vehicle was purchased ex demo from a Midlands Audi franchise and all of the work has been undertaken under warranty by my local Dealer.

I have decided on going back to an A5 and have negotiated a price with my local Dealer.

My question is should I seek some kind of contribution from Audi UK to offset the aggravation I've suffered over the last 18months. If so who's the best person to contact?

Any advice would be welcomed.

Personally i think 18months down the line may be a bit late to try and seek compensation

You might have a point!! It's just how many times do you expect a new car to undergo major warranty work?

Would of maybe started a complaint from the 2nd time and just escalated it every time something else went wrong

Might be worth a try if you feel really strongly. But I'm sure Audi would regard their responsibilities satisfied by fixing the car free of charge (which they presumably have done).
I agree that you wouldn't expect multiple issues of warranty work in 18 months.

Guess you are right guys. I've spend hours travelling back and forth from the garage, hours lost at work etc.

Guess if they won't even acknowledge the engine rattle I've got no chance.

I agree with the above comments in that I think it a little late, however there is the aspect that if you don't ask you don't get. Personally I'd write an email to Customer Services outlining your issues over the past 18 months, and the cost to you personally in lost time, and as if, seeing as even so you are staying loyal to the marque they could see fit to make a contribution as a gesture of goodwill. You may get nothing, you may not, but if you don't ask, you'll never know.

Reactions: dragon
Presume you've already raised a query with the Audi UK Centre.
I've (unfortunately) needed to use them twice now (within 9 months) and they've played a blinder on both occasions.
Both issues were dealt with efficiently and effectively with a successful final outcome.

Suggest that they will be worth contacting - even if it's just so that you can be assured that you've got your issues / concerns across to Audi.
May provide some closure for when you move over to your new A5.

Good Luck.

Reactions: dragon