What about this idea?

carl-1968

A4 sold, lots of bits available, ask for details
Reaction score
I was thinking about buying another project car and was watching a UR quattro on flea bay, it sold at 5850 ish and it got me thinking if say 100 members put in £100 each and it was restored and then Raffled off to those who had put up the dosh in the 1st place would that be worth the money?, of course it would have to be done all above board and someone trusted to control the money and set it up but it would be way better than the raffels you see in airports for super cars, you could even vote for what car you wanted to buy,restore and win?, the floor is open

LOL, it's a struggle to arrange a group buy for 20 sets of mats. Let alone buying and restoring and then selling a car with 100 share holders.

Nooooo chance.

Nice idea, but how would you propose guaranteeing the draw wasn't biased in any way?

Sounds good, I for one would love another Ur q. I am sure I grinned every time I started up the WR I once owned and restored.

I was thinking about buying another project car and was watching a UR quattro on flea bay, it sold at 5850 ish and it got me thinking if say 100 members put in £100 each and it was restored and then Raffled off to those who had put up the dosh in the 1st place would that be worth the money?, of course it would have to be done all above board and someone trusted to control the money and set it up but it would be way better than the raffels you see in airports for super cars, you could even vote for what car you wanted to buy,restore and win?, the floor is open

Carl, it would be an idea to start a thread(or use this one) to see what interest there is on the idea, I'd be up for it, but who would be in control of the restoration? And to make the raffle fair, I'd recommend you use ASN to promote the car on the day of the raffle, and just find a random bloke in the crowd to make the draw? Maybe you could find some sponsors like insurance or tuning companies to help out with a bit of additional coverage for them also?

****** great idea, id be up for that, maybe do a asn r/r or show meet day ? And on the day pay your fee/raffle, get a number, all numbers into a hat, judge or someone at random pulls a number out, (mix numbers up again) that person then draws the raffle ?