What a intresting long day

indiemike

ZoomZoom
Reaction score
Well after selling the S3 on sunday i decided i wanted a Leon Cupra Tdi.

After getting in contact with someone in Glasgow, lots of photos, chats on the phone i decided id go up and see it.

Well after a 4 hour trip from liverpool i got there, 1st thoughts as i pulled around the corner were.. "Love the colour" It was Yellow

So get to the car and have a closer look... Well shocked wasnt the word

Was 3 different shades of yellow, had rust marks, random chips of paint missing, large dints, service history all over the place, oil looked like it had never been changed, ran like it had done 140k instead of 70k, no tax

Was told the car is in "Fantastic" condition and other nicely used words to describe the car

10 hours of my life i wont get back, had to get my girlfriends dad to drive me, cost £90 in diesel

Uve gotta laugh, thats all i can do

Last edited:
yeah a lot of people wouldnt have walked away for the hassle...... youve done the right thing matey

good luck with the ongoing search for diesel bliss ;)

What did he say ? about the sh*t condition it was in!.

Seen a few S3 that were worded tidy for year before seening yours Mike,keep on looking mate,plenty out there!

this new Leon yr after is goin to have a lot to live up to dude... maybe fantastic in English mean a bag of ***** in Scottish ?? ( no offence you crazy jock's)
Sure you'll find somat soon enough man, it took me weeks and a shed load of travelling only to be driving home disappointed from wanky write-up's before i found mine.. and then i ended up getting it in my own town..

good luck man.

That's why whenever I sell a car I don't oversell it, otherwise the buyer comes in expecting a brand new car with no marks.

i oversell the bits that need overselling and put in the add, 'this is a used car and so....' ......also any pics of potential rough spots

nothing more to do than to be clear and concise about the condition then upsell on any extra spec

why the need for a large dose of dag-dag-dag-dag-dag in your life?

That's why whenever I sell a car I don't oversell it, otherwise the buyer comes in expecting a brand new car with no marks.

I understand that, i wasnt going there thinking i was getting a car in the condition of my S3... But when u are told that the car has no marks, dints, scratches, never been sprayed, got a few months tax, full service history, really looked after and solid

But when you get there and not one of these things is true

Just not on really