What a great start to Friday!!!!!

S3 Big Andy

Stealth Beast Baby Yay
Reaction score
Website
www.andyoram.co.uk
Some little bar stewards have broken into my car and taken ipod, laptop, camera , sat nav!!

Now heres the interesting part no external damage just a mess inside, same as my next door neighbours car, no alarms went off, and both cars were locked!!

So CSI:ASN how the feck did they get in?

Thats sour news mate. I hope you get them all replaced with minimal hassle.

BUT, how are you going to stop it happening again?

No luck at all mate - I go to bed in fear everynight that this is going to happen and there is not much more I can do apart from park at my window, make sure the alarm is on and steering lock secure

I have considered putting a CCTV camera on the inside of the window but that still wont stop the dicks!

Anyways - you shouldnt have had your valuables in the car :p

Andy mate, that's a right sh!tter and also a little worrying!!!
Have the police said this is common,. ie, access without damage or setting off the alarm???

I think I would be writing to Jeremy Hicks about that one, could it be that the A3 has a security flaw ?

Now obviously we don't want to publish any method of entry on the forum but if anyone has any ideas, I'd love a PM.

Paul

That is inded bad news. I am glad mine can go into a locked garage everynight. BUT, as as already been said, why have you left these type of valuables in your car!? I don't even leave decent sunglasses visible in the car as it might be just the excuse some scrote needs.

I think I would be writing to Jeremy Hicks about that one, could it be that the A3 has a security flaw ?

Now obviously we don't want to publish any method of entry on the forum but if anyone has any ideas, I'd love a PM.

Paul

A copied radio-key springs to mind. Moral of the story is Never leave any valuables in a car at night.

I remember reading of one case a while ago where the thieves managed to get a set of keys through the letterbox, unlocked the car, took a laptop and some other other items, re-locked the car and put the keys back through the letterbox.

This is becoming more common, I know with my old R32, there was a slight flaw with the locks so I got it delocked. I'm not going to say how they get in online but it may be a similar process with the Audi.
This is what my door look looked like after they discoved I had removed the lock....
2607601502_de02d0de95.jpg

As it happens my mates Mk5 R32 just got done using this method.

Where as I have every sympathy with you on your car being broken into, I would be totaly gutted if it happend to me. Knowing the type of country the good old uk is, was it not rather foolish leaving ipod, laptop, sat-nav, camera in the car.

Its sickening to hear this type of thing.

Some filthy vermin scumbag just had quite a little haul there.
That lot should keep him smashed out of his brains for a day.

They should chopped up with a rusty shovel and stuffed in a wheelie bin full of dogshit.

Good luck getting it resolved.

Paul

I'd have a good close inspection of your drivers door lock. I presume the windows were up when you returned to your car?

Some little bar stewards have broken into my car and taken ipod, laptop, camera , sat nav!!

Now heres the interesting part no external damage just a mess inside, same as my next door neighbours car, no alarms went off, and both cars were locked!!

So CSI:ASN how the feck did they get in?

So you saying both cars were locked when you went out to them & found they had been ransacked?

Urm thats interesting, thing is copied remote key would be hard as its only matched at stealers or someone with vagcom but requires procedures with car, unless you've had the keys re-synced somewhere where you had work done mate which tbh isnt impossible.

Think who has done work on your car that had access to vagcom or 5052 & had keys etc??? Cause this is more likely, but also your neighbours was done, now thats a strange one as I assume you both havnt used same garage etc, nothing in common is there with you 2???

This is becoming more common, I know with my old R32, there was a slight flaw with the locks so I got it delocked.

Only problem with the A3 is that there isn't a boot lock that you can use in an Emergency, so you are going to have to keep the door lock on the drivers door, or have some other hidden over ride lock.

Paul

Actually if it is the same flaw as the Mark IV the feature can be made in-active via coding, it is also possible to code the system so that the alarm can only be disabled by remote or immoboliser (on mine this was already set active from the factory).

Paul

Unlucky mate. Bad news.
Very surprised the alarm didn't go off... and i've always thought S3 alarm is very sensitive... I mean every time i leave a window open whether half or fully open the alarm goes off. Quite senstive in my eyes just surprised your one didn't alert you.

We all learn from our mistakes never leave ANYTHING in view...
Yesterday i went to the shops had about £10 worth of change put it next to the handbrake, parked up at work and thought i'd better not leave that in view.. You just never know nowadays they don't care how much it is or how they get it.

Really feel for you mate,scumbags! At least you've still got your car,and in one piece!

I don't know why they decided to build the 8P without a locking glove box,the 8L had one (or was it because i had an SE?)...oh,and the lovely shiny sculpted and sprung dampened luggage tie points in the boot are now naff!

Unlucky mate. Bad news.
Very surprised the alarm didn't go off... and i've always thought S3 alarm is very sensitive... I mean every time i leave a window open whether half or fully open the alarm goes off. Quite senstive in my eyes just surprised your one didn't alert you.

We all learn from our mistakes never leave ANYTHING in view...
Yesterday i went to the shops had about £10 worth of change put it next to the handbrake, parked up at work and thought i'd better not leave that in view.. You just never know nowadays they don't care how much it is or how they get it.

I fully agree mate everything out of view in my car also.... in fact never leave anything in it!!

Sorry to hear that Andy :( Not good news at all!

I'm sure your not the only one that leave stuff in the car. How many of us always take our laptop/tomtom etc out of the car each time we leave it...

J.

I don't know why they decided to build the 8P without a locking glove box,the 8L had one (or was it because i had an SE?)

I was thinking the same thing when I first bought mine. Why on earth doesn't it have one... I mean surely it's not a costly thing to do so why avoid it.

That aside, sorry to hear of your break in. Theives nowadays have amples to technology so i'm sure they got in somehow that we can't think of but then it makes me think why not just take the car... Don't think we'll be able to solve this one.

Thats a real crapper i suppose the only good thing is at least they didn't damage your car in the process. still weird how they got the stuff and left the car locked up afterwards.

Actually if it is the same flaw as the Mark IV the feature can be made in-active via coding, it is also possible to code the system so that the alarm can only be disabled by remote or immoboliser (on mine this was already set active from the factory).

Paul

PM sent

I don't know why they decided to build the 8P without a locking glove box

I would never lock a glovebox after my dad locked the one on his Merc. We came back to the car and they basically ripped the glove box out distroying the whole dash. I'm sure the dash cost more than the faceplate of the stereo they knicked......

I know I left stuff in it I should not have but it was all out of sight, I live in the type of place that this never happens due to a few factors, I never leave my laptop in the car but for once I did!

What worrys me more is that as CSI have told me now they have fingerprinted and taken pictures of the shoe prints, is that 2 other cars got done and guess what?

Yep, all where locked up, no external damage, no alarms went off, nowt, nada,nothing, so how did they get in? all 3 of us never left the cars unlocked, I am just glad I had my revo anti-theft on!!

Andy, firstly i hope this is a real crime and not a fabrication....Don't want this thread decending into madness! lol
Ok no seriously, there is no worse feeling then having your car done over. I've had it done and they rammed a screwdriver as hard as they could into the lock which basically ****** the whole door. The car just felt dirty afterwards knowing some little scrote had been in there.

On the upside, the car is undamaged and i hope your stuff was insured. On the worrying side, it could definitely happen again by the sound of things.

In my experience the more security measures you put in place the more likely it is they'll end up damaging the car (see photo of de-locked door above!) so it's hard to know what to do. I often wonder if it's best to leave it unlocked!! (i joke obviously)

Was going to comment on lack of locking box too but as said, it wouldnt be hard to break into it doing more damage. As far as im aware, all the 8L had a lock, my old sport had one. Maybe the lock off of the cabriolet will fit?

I'm not about to tell the whole world how it could be done...

:iagree:

It is a tricky one, if it is the flaw that we both think it is. A simple coding change should fix it, but we don't want the info of the flaw out there for anyone else to find.

Paul

Frankly an email to Audi UK from the police outlining the presumed issue and then making sure all cars going out to customers have the appropriate coding to prevent it... utter madness if the presumed issue is true!

Sounds like code reading that back but I agree there is no way potential thieving routes should be discussed in a forum.

Shame that we can't have a thread that is only open to those with a decent posting count.

That way we could discuss it, knowing that only long standing members can view it.

Paul

That's a good idea Paul but there are people like me who frequent the forum but don't post that much. It's a difficult situation....you don't want to broadcast the "techinique" but need to make law-abiding car owners aware.

I think I know the method you're talking about but surely you the thieves wouldn't have secured the car up afterwards.

Sorry to hear that andy. But glad the car not damaged....Very strange how they got the stuff without damaging the car or setting a alarm off.
but obviously know there stuff. Never though you could get in the audi a3 or s3 without the alarm going off. Loads times i've left the window down and alarm gone off. And three cars all in the same night.
I've notcied when things like this have happened its were some one has been watching the car owners for a few weeks or so but normal its to get the car not items inside.

I live in cardiff so if any one from cardiff is on ASN there is a group of men targeting audi's alot favourites right now are s3 mirrors and alloys. I found out due to a friend that they are targeting audi around CYNCOED mainly. There was a rs4 sprint blue stolen and stripped and then found burnt out. Just a heads up i've already reported it to the police but they said nothing.

I am actually going to try breaking into my car this weekend. If it is a coding issue then i'm sure i can figure it out within a few hours....which worries me.

Andy, firstly i hope this is a real crime and not a fabrication....Don't want this thread decending into madness! lol

Oh its real, and its exactly how I posted it, I am not known for fabrication, crashing yes, but fabrication nah..

Other cars were a Freelander & a Cilo, all on drives parked right next to house with security lights etc

I was lucky, they left my car on the drive, in fact they were lucky they did, I am also not known for my lack of revenge in such matters!!!:asskicking::angrymod::gun2:

Shame that we can't have a thread that is only open to those with a decent posting count.

That way we could discuss it, knowing that only long standing members can view it.

Paul

That's a good idea Paul but there are people like me who frequent the forum but don't post that much. It's a difficult situation....you don't want to broadcast the "techinique" but need to make law-abiding car owners aware.

I think I know the method you're talking about but surely you the thieves wouldn't have secured the car up afterwards.

Good ideas...But some one how find away to find out over the net if you was talking about it on a form. Like if you had the form locked and only certain members could go into it read the thread and comment. they probably find away. IF you want other people to know probably be best if you all just email or pm. SO the scums cant find out or people who be considering doing this. Its like have they never felt what it like to have your car stolten or broken into?!
And what you mean decent posting count?

I am actually going to try breaking into my car this weekend. If it is a coding issue then i'm sure i can figure it out within a few hours....which worries me.

Some reason it worrys me if its a coding issue and i dont think it will take you long to break it!

Oh its real, and its exactly how I posted it, I am not known for fabrication, crashing yes, but fabrication nah..

Other cars were a Freelander & a Cilo, all on drives parked right next to house with security lights etc

I was lucky, they left my car on the drive, in fact they were lucky they did, I am also not known for my lack of revenge in such matters!!!:asskicking::angrymod::gun2:

Andy all you know because its seem easy for them easy targets they could come back for the car's next time. And every one would love to diss out revenge on the scum who stolen or broken into there car. I can remember when i was little and some one stole my nan car from outside my car we went out for half hour. Was found on a few miles away burnt out. And i was sooo p*ssed off at this stage. People have no respect cant they just earn money like every one else and buy things instead of stealing. Hope you catch the tw*ts

Sorry to hear of your news mate, its pretty ****** if u ask me, although a friend of mine had his key locked in a mk5 gti and had no access to his spare, having called the rac out and watched them open the car I was pretty alarmed to see that they could plug a laptop into some connection point under the car and reset the locks or unlock the car ??

Forgive me if thats what some of u were referring to with vagcom/coding etc im not too up on all that so my mistake if its the same thing.

I cant think what connection point your talking about? I remember the old BMWs like my E30 were supposed to unlock the central locking with a good kick to a certain area. Maybe we can use PM for a alphabetical 'chain' list to inform each of the well known posters or discuss on MSN etc.

The best was the 1990's Merc S-Class which you could unlock with the aid of a fancy tv remote control haha!

Sorry to hear bout ya stuff mate is your area known for crime?

Wonder if they are local or out of town seems like they knew your stuff would be there that night.

I know its more trivial but how fecking annoying is the kids stealing valve caps for the ends of their pencils!