What’s this part?!

Eric_RS6

Audi RS6 C7
Reaction score
Hi guys, hoping someone can help on here.
Recently had a boost leak, and was diagnosed to a o ring that’s damaged / pinched.
Anyway the garage refused to actually tell my what the part was called / a part number / to show me on a parts diagram and insisted only they could order it from Audi and fit it.
They did point to it in the engine bay after the 3rd time of asking.
I’m looking into what the part is and I’ve got a fairly good idea if I’m honest but just wanted someone to confirm it for me so I have a bit more confidence. It’s a BiTDI if this helps, looks like it comes off the bottom of the turbo.
apologies for the crap picture but it’s the best I could get, you can see the green o ring clearly. I’ve put an arrow to where I think it is on the other pic.
Any help, or suggestions or names would be helpful.

Attachments

• E8AE76BD-8665-4CD4-82FC-4C84B1BE1E76.jpeg
    E8AE76BD-8665-4CD4-82FC-4C84B1BE1E76.jpeg
    894.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 1A089013-B614-446E-AA6B-DAEEB920B199.jpeg
    1A089013-B614-446E-AA6B-DAEEB920B199.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 84
I’ve got a feeling it’s this ribbed metal pipe. Guessing an EGR pipe.
ADF88A4A A6A0 4A8A 8411 C612E1E7C62BB37444DC 98F6 47B9 A116 2DD5DD1D0C79

That is a green "o" ring in the pic. you have taken and you are probably right in thinking it is item 25 in the parts illustration.
I'm sure you could order the part yourself and fit the part too.
I would ask myself why the pipe has come loose in the first place ?
If the "o" ring needs to be replaced will the pipe be able to be fitted securely after ? Has the screw (item 27) fell out, or just come loose ?
A bit of blue Loctite 243 on the screw might be a good idea.
I doubt it's anything to do with EGR. It looks to be on the compressor side of the intercooler.

Last edited:
That’s why I was thinking, why has the green O ring failed. Is there meant to be another fixing?
Yes I can look at it but getting hands to it is another matter. I’m going to have a better look tomorrow, see if I can feel if the screw is there still.

didnt you have a turbo failure and get a new one? if so
its a part that has been disturbed
Yep had turbo set up replaced - wondering if the small screw was replaced at the time or even re fitted. Annoyingly it’s on the other side of the pipe so I’ll have to just feel if it is there or not. It’s been fine (I presume) for months though.

I didn't mean to imply the job was easy when I said you could change the part yourself. Getting to that area is probably difficult to say the least, access from below may be the way to go. If you don't have axle stands or car ramps the job may be a non starter.
Good luck.

Reactions: Eric_RS6
put a parts request in with the drawing

Well I’ve popped to have a look… no chance
I’ve marked on the pic where the pipe is, well hidden down in that hole!227F0C51 F121 4BAA 8F07 7E649BE8AB35
(Intake pipe removed)

Hmmm, that is tight. Surely that part of the scuttle / bulk head trim is removable ?
It looks like it would be tight / impossible even from below.
Hopefully someone with more experience of these things will chip in, I can't offer much help I'm afraid having only had mine for 6 weeks or so.

Just found this video.

Unless this guy likes to make life hard for himself it would appear that the scuttle panel is not removable ?

Might be a couple of hours work on a two post lift to fix that "o" ring. :sign unfair:

I’ve ordered the o ring and bolt from Parts on here just to be safe for £10 delivered! Bargain.
The scuttle panel is removable etc but I’ll get my mechanic to do it for me.

Reactions: OolongA7
It is removable ! Thank you Audi. :)

Probably still a couple of hours labour. The joys of car ownership.

I have to say though, having 650 Nm of torque is a lot of fun :cool:

Last edited:
It is removable ! Thank you Audi. :)

Probably still a couple of hours labour. The joys of car ownership.

I have to say though, having 650 Nm of torque is a lot of fun :cool:

Yes it looks like it is going to be a faff to change over and fiddly.

You wanna go see Bobby Singh and get over 800nm like me :thumbs up:

400bhp / 820nm - Get down to Bobby Singh in windsor and get a custom map from him - you'll not regret it!!

Any other changes to make those figures (I think Bobby likes to change fuel pressure regulator)? I'm running a Superchips remap and it's about 360bhp and 700Nm, saving my pennies to go and see Bobby...

Any other changes to make those figures (I think Bobby likes to change fuel pressure regulator)? I'm running a Superchips remap and it's about 360bhp and 700Nm, saving my pennies to go and see Bobby...
Yes bigger intercooler, RS7 airbox, fuel pressure sensor, something on the injector too.
EGR & DPF removal too for a bit more power!

Reactions: AndyB40