What’s the best car Audi have given you while yours has been in for service or repair?

Chris S 1245

Reaction score
Friend has a BMW 435 D and was given an M2 while his was in for service . Do Audi tend to give nice cars while yours is in for service?

I got given some 1.x petrol manual while I had my A3 2.0 TDI in and got a Q2 (something engine) when I took my S3 in

Driving the Q2 was rather entertaining as it was the largest car I have driven, felt like a tank haha. Even though its a small SUV ;)

So nothing fancy really...

A3 eTron :puke2:

Reactions: RS4B5, GregS3, SamR92 and 1 other person
Got an S1 for my S3. Which I did enjoy!

Reactions: RS4B5
I was given an S4 when my old A5 went in for a service, I did T up the sales guy I use though.

Reactions: RS4B5
Don't often require a courtesy car so only had one on the odd occasion.
Best was a 3.0TDI Q7 for 3 days.
Beast of a thing!

Reactions: Jassyo06, MattSedg and TYb
Q7 3.0 TDI. Like driving a house around.

Also had a A6 3.0 TDI too.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Only been in the once but had a nice S Line A6 Avant.

A1 basic trim rubbish. Felt like a I was in something that should be Dacia branded. shocking for the price of it. Luckily I was only in it for a day.

May be not the best, but my last service loan car was a 65 mile Mk3 TT S-line 2 litre 230bhp Fwd

rRoMwpD.jpg

Was rather nice !

Pity they damaged by old S4 while it was in for service
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...ck-edition-saloon.240456/page-14#post-3054226

Reactions: Bells, oli356, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
Reactions: Audi Bairn and Bristle Hound
421e28302109666d8368e2834d14afc1.jpg

e695c5f44b8d9e9df6b0471325c076aa.jpg

Had both of these when S3 gearbox went boom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
421e28302109666d8368e2834d14afc1.jpg

e695c5f44b8d9e9df6b0471325c076aa.jpg

Had both of these when S3 gearbox went boom.

How did you find the A7? That shape is beginning to look dated now but was a head turner when 1st out.

How did you find the A7? That shape is beginning to look dated now but was a head turner when 1st out.

Like a comfy cruise liner

Always liked the look of them but it wasn’t for me.

Reactions: TYb
In an exchange for a A3 8P 2.0tsi cab I was given a new 8V A3 1.6tdi Sport for the day.

It was horrible - black box fitted and stickers all over it announcing it was a courtesy car. The 1.6tdi was uneconomical, and really quite noisy like an old commercial van. It had a few rattles over rough surfaces, a crap torsion beam rear suspension, rubbish stereo and clear areas of cost cutting over the 8P in some areas that you wouldn’t normally notice such as things like the door hinges.

In the past I have had two A4’s

My mum took my last car in for a service and got a A5 Cabriolet S-line
M2 demos are not normally given out as courtesy cars at all yer mate was extremely lucky or knew someone in the dealership or gave off strong vibes that he was interested in one

usually this, or if I'm lucky some base model A3.
iu

Reactions: Flying Scotsman, oli356, Bristle Hound and 6 others
S Line A1 Sportback, back when my A5 Sportback was in for service. Felt half the size ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

usually this, or if I'm lucky some base model A3.
Considering we don't have double deck trains in the UK when I visited Sydney I was fascinated by the trains, especially how you could move the seats to face the other direction and change seating configuration .. More interested in that than the A3 courtesy car I had before ;)

Reactions: mfl
Brand new R8 soon after I'd collected the S3 in March 2015 :)

img_1763-jpg.58794

Reactions: KenL, RS4B5, TYb and 1 other person
They dont lend anything decent up here....A1 was ok, but I think it makes sense to offer a better car than youve got to try and get you to buy one. I tend to not bother with courtesy cars these days as Ive got another car.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Had an A1 most recently, but have had a 3.0 A6 estate before - that's probably the biggest. CVT gearbox though so not that nice.

S1, S3, TT-RS.

I'm aiming for an RS5 next time ;)

Battered up A3 Sport, 500 miles on the clock and rear bumper cracked in multiple places

Had a brand new Golf R that had 300 miles on it for a month whilst they were messing about with my PFL S3. Gave the R back with over 1300 miles on it and quite a few additions to the LC counter.

Reactions: rvtb101, Audi Bairn and BarryG79
Missus got an SQ5 when she dropped the TT in for service and I managed an RS3 when I dropped my S3 in for service

Reactions: Audi Bairn and BarryG79
Not sure about the best but I had an A5 cabriolet TDi that was ****** awful. A proper hairdresser's car

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Has to be the Coupe for me :yes:

Nah not classy enough lol, l actually think the A3/S3 Cabriolet is the best looking A3 both soft tops just have this air of class about them
I have a few photos of the run out special editions of the older RS5 Cabs on me home pc..and they are epic mate, one in Matt Daytona the other in Matt Sepang, both have full Audi exclusive leather interiors as well

Nah not classy enough lol, l actually think the A3/S3 Cabriolet is the best looking A3 both soft tops just have this air of class about them

Normally cars designed to be hatch/ saloon don't look that great as Cabriolet but I agree the A3/S3 seems to work well in all versions.

Saw an S3 cabriolet yesterday in Navarra it looked really good.

Car serviced yesterday (£140 for oil change and inspection.

Got an A4 tdi ultra. Nicely put together car but reminded me how much I dislike diesel cars. It had done 4k miles but the engine seemed strangled. Where's the huge amount of torque I was expecting?