1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Whacky washer jets

Zak0123 Mar 17, 2016

1. Zak0123

Zak0123 Active Member

Evening folks,

Driving down the dual carriageway and sprayed my washer jets, thought the aim was a bit off so when I got home I got out the car and tested them...

They sprayed right over the car and hit the garage ~4ft past the boot! Had a good chuckle to myself lol, anyone else have this issue?

They still hit the screen when they 'die down' at the end of each spray, just a bit annoying the aims off...

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. HawkeyeS3

HawkeyeS3 Well-Known Member TeamMisano Audi RSQ3 quattro Audi A1

I had the opposite, they all virtually came out down the bottom of the wiper sweep. It took me a while to get them all spraying where I wanted them using the old "pin down the nozzle" approach, slightest touch and they went everywhere. Now they are all adjusted really happy with the coverage.

I can see why garages don't get them adjusted "just so", as it is a bit of tap and touch to get them right.

But nevertheless amusing when you wash the windscreen of the car behind you LOL

Zak0123 likes this.
  4. veeeight

veeeight I am a very pretty girl VCDS Map User Black Edition

Rob2k68 and Zak0123 like this.
  5. Soulboy

Soulboy Well-Known Member

You do want them spraying higher when stationary.....but maybe not as much as yours.
    That way the air pressure at motorway speeds forces it to hit the windscreen sooner and lower.......if you know what I mean.

Rob2k68 and Zak0123 like this.
  6. Zak0123

Zak0123 Active Member

Cheers guys! Will get the sewing needle out tonight :superman: