Wet passenger footwell

Jtaylor

Reaction score
Hello all,
Driving home last night and the better half noticed her bag was soaking. After a look, the passenger side footwell is **** wet through. It's not coolant, and over the autumn I have parked under trees so quite a few leaves have ended up on the car so could of blocked a drain.....maybe? I've always cleared ones that end up in the scuttle panel but not sure if there could be any other drains?
What also concerns me is the car has quite often steamed up before I've even got in the thing. So could it be related? Bit ****** off and hope you guys can help.

I had a similar thing with a Megane 225 years ago. I traced all the drains and unblocked them or disconnected them. After a while it dried out and was fine. You may of had the problem longer than you think. Have you had the car long ?

Had the car since July, but came with 8k on the clock. Hoping it's not something more sinister than a blocked drain

I had this after a windscreen replacement. Fitting was slightly faulty leaving a very slight leak. Not obviously noticable. Once that was fixed by Autoglass it was fine.

It's how sudden it's gone from dry to soaking that makes me worry, if it was a small leak I'm sure I would of noticed a slight dampness at some point.

Yeah going in first thing tomorrow will report back the findings

Hope you get it sorted.

Does your windshield have the 4 rings logo in the trademark ? If not that may suggest it's been replaced at some point.

My current car not an Audi had this problem turned out the rear screen wash pipe was leaking into the footwell. You could actually see the screenwash dribbling down from behind the glovebox. Could be that.

Has this before with my TT and turned out to be a window seal, plus the door seal was leaking. Should be a warranty job for you providing windscreen hasn't been replaced.

Also had this with my TT and it needed a replacement seal on a rear quarter window.
The seats, carpets, etc had to come out to dry the car and they ended up replacing the carpets and some wiring/plugs. It was in for a few days getting that lot sorted but luckily it was under warranty.

I had a similar problem with a Renault 5GT Turbo back in the day (blimey, 25 years ago, now I think about it!). I eventually discovered the rain was running down the window into the door and then leaking out of the bottom of the door card rather than out of the door drains. The reason was that at some point in the past the door card had been removed and the plastic sheet behind it hadn't been replaced.

Car has gone in today so we shall see what the story is soon hopefully. Got an A5 cabriolet as a courtesy car, not a fan.

i had an a5 courtesy car from audi not that long ago and i must say i hated nothing was nice about it and wasn't very much room in the back either

Update! Audi have found the leak, the pano roof has a slight crack where it seals. Full new pano roof has been ordered and it's had to go to Huddersfield for the work to be completed. Should be at least a couple of weeks. Also have to change the windscreen as that has to come out aswell. So glad it's covered by warranty.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Update! Audi have found the leak, the pano roof has a slight crack where it seals. Full new pano roof has been ordered and it's had to go to Huddersfield for the work to be completed. Should be at least a couple of weeks. Also have to change the windscreen as that has to come out aswell. So glad it's covered by warranty.

Good to hear they've found the issue - that's not a cheap fix for them !!!!

What courtesy car will you get ?

Hmmm, heard of the drain hole blocking for the pano roof but not cracked !!! Mine interior is dry but I'll be having a good peruse over mine tomoz (if it's not peeing down) to check for any cracks.

Got an A5 cabriolet at the moment but it's like driving a jelly, so might see what I can change it to with it being at least a couple of weeks.Tbh I'm so meticulous when it comes to my car but I didn't notice it.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Slight update, Huddersfield can't do the job so car has been sent to Harrogate Audi and hoping to get it back before Christmas.

Hi,

Mind me asking whatever happened at the end? Was it covered under warranty? I'm having the exact same issue with my MY2015 S3 sedan... I only bought it like several week ago, and after some driving in pouring rain last week, the driver side front and rear footwells were soaking wet the next morning.. It's at the dealer right now and they're tearing things apart and no findings yet.

I knew the previous owner and he had always babied the car and it was always parked indoor, and no reason to believe any leaf or anything to clog the drains as the car is basically as new condition inside out. And depends on how serious the damages are, the bill could get pretty crazy, should this be covered under warranty since it looks like a pretty common Audi problem?

Hi,

Mind me asking whatever happened at the end? Was it covered under warranty? I'm having the exact same issue with my MY2015 S3 sedan... I only bought it like several week ago, and after some driving in pouring rain last week, the driver side front and rear footwells were soaking wet the next morning.. It's at the dealer right now and they're tearing things apart and no findings yet.

I knew the previous owner and he had always babied the car and it was always parked indoor, and no reason to believe any leaf or anything to clog the drains as the car is basically as new condition inside out. And depends on how serious the damages are, the bill could get pretty crazy, should this be covered under warranty since it looks like a pretty common Audi problem?

I wouldn't say it was common based on the handful of reports here but yeah it's gotta be covered by warranty.....................you don't want a swimming pool in the car unless it's a stretch limo!! lol

Reactions: pburv
Thanks for the reply. It doesn't seem common with 8V but if you Google Audi wet footwell, tons of result turned up that's why I said it's a common problem with Audi :p Anyway, my car is spending the 2nd week at the dealer now but they have yet to find the leak, they said they tested the sunroof and door seals etc, and sprinkled water for more than half day yesterday but still nothing... :(