Well the S4 finally went....

Dan Gliballs

Reaction score
......at lunchtime on Christmas Eve :(

I scrubbed the interior up and emptied all our stuff out. It looked just the same as the day I got it 3 1/2 years ago in there....

Pic029.jpg

About to leave with the new owner.....

Pic030-1.jpg

I genuinely had a lump in my throat as the car went up my road for the last time. Totally surreal :blownose:

Picked this up a couple of hours later on Christmas Eve though.

Pic036.jpg

Pic042.jpg

Pic041.jpg

Pic039.jpg

Pic040.jpg

:beee:lol. Hope you enjoy your new motor! :)

i do like the 5 series in that shape even better its an M5, hows it feel compared to the S4?

I'll be honest, this car is in a totally different league above the S4.

Utter beast.

I've been in one as a passenger, and to be honest it didnt feel THAT fast. Dont get me wrong it was quick, and the power delivery was awesome (espeically compared to an M3) but I wouldnt think there would be that far ahead of a mapped S4.

Ye it has 400hp and the S4 would only have ~320, but it also weighs 1750kgs, compared with the 1500 of the S4.

BMW's have always been said to have a more "involving" drive, but i cant help thinking you'd be able to feel that extra weight...

Bad times(S4 exit).....................GOOD TIMES(M5 replacement)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good stuff mate, best colour too, le mans blue. Wots the difference in insurance between them, not much???

ooooooh thats a good replacement

a genuine large car, no comedy lack of rear seat leg room

how well are those e39 m5s lasting then?

I've been in one as a passenger, and to be honest it didnt feel THAT fast. Dont get me wrong it was quick, and the power delivery was awesome (espeically compared to an M3) but I wouldnt think there would be that far ahead of a mapped S4.

Ye it has 400hp and the S4 would only have ~320, but it also weighs 1750kgs, compared with the 1500 of the S4.

BMW's have always been said to have a more "involving" drive, but i cant help thinking you'd be able to feel that extra weight...

Dude, this thing is considerably faster ;) On our empty bypass on Christmas day this thing made my eyes water,......up to some unrepeatable figures in way less time than the 300bhp S4.

I got taken round Bruntingthorpe in one of these back in 2001 and I was amazed how fast it felt,.....even on a huge wide track!!! (with no lamp-posts/trees/buildings to gauge the speed against).

Bit more weight yeah, but circa 340+ at the rear wheels instead of about 220 at the 4 Audi ones. Top end without the limiter is said to be around 186mph. BMW claimed 5 seconds to 60, but some magazine testers were getting them in the mid to high 4's. The power delivery on 'Sport' mode is hilarious,.....soooo ****** aggressive lol

The S4 was faster and more confidence inspiring out of wet bends and roundabouts etc obviously.

Bad times(S4 exit).....................GOOD TIMES(M5 replacement)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good stuff mate, best colour too, le mans blue. Wots the difference in insurance between them, not much???

It's £175 more a year than the S4 was (£740 as opposed to £565). Many companies won't even touch them though.

ooooooh thats a good replacement

a genuine large car, no comedy lack of rear seat leg room

how well are those e39 m5s lasting then?

The legroom is huge in the back. My wee boys love it :yes: My eldest boy is 8 now and that S4 legroom was getting a bit cramped.

The car is a foot longer than the S4 and around 2 inches wider.

It's the perfect replacement for us though. I adore the S4 and for years I couldn't see what else we could get that would be better equipped and be better bang for buck,.....until my friend offered me this one.

It has a Hayward & Scott set of cat-backs on it and it sounds like Lightning McQueen LOL!!! I'll get a soundclip up soon.

Go buy one Matt, there are some serious bargains out there now.

This is a top-spec facelift one with massive motorway miles (174K, but not that you'd know it),......and I got it for £5,800 lol

I could sell it in pieces and claw a good chunk of this back ;)

174k is nothing, the only thing id worry about would be the interior, provided the mechanical consumables had been replaced.

did you say £5800 was a mates rates price though? i did look at e34 M5s not that long ago and they were being advertised for that sort of money!