Weird squeaky/squelchy noise from glovebox

Vertigo1

Reaction score
Very bizarre one this. I have an intermittent noise which appears to be coming from the area of the glovebox. It sounds kind of squeaky/squelchy and can be quite loud at times. Appears to be more common when it's cold.

First thought was something in the glovebox making a noise but I've tried emptying it completely and it's still there.

Anyone had anything like this?

Reactions: Glasgoe Joe and pburv
Very bizarre one this. I have an intermittent noise which appears to be coming from the area of the glovebox. It sounds kind of squeaky/squelchy and can be quite loud at times. Appears to be more common when it's cold.

First thought was something in the glovebox making a noise but I've tried emptying it completely and it's still there.

Anyone had anything like this?
It will be the liquid going through your air con matrix..Probably nothing to worry about...:friends:

Actually, now I think about it, I can't be that as I've tried turning the HVAC off completely and it's still there and it stops when the car is stationary, suggesting it's something physically moving as the car does.

Something else I've noticed recently is a lack of grip from the front left in slippery conditions. It seems to "judder" quite badly sometimes when pulling away from a standstill, far more than it should. I know it's a stretch but maybe the two are related? Maybe there's something wrong with the suspension on that corner, the damper perhaps?

Try driving with the glove box lid open, see if goes, may just need the catch adjusting.

Done that, gets louder with it open, hence why I think it's coming from inside or behind it somewhere.

I am glad someone else has this issue it drives me mad at times. It's definitely something rattling like the glove box door hatch or something going to need to see if anything can be tightened. And also it's worse when the car is cold you are correct.

MIne makes a weird rubbing noise when switching the ignition on/off. I think it's down to the Air vent divrter flap. I have read few things about this, but not taken a proper look yet tbh.
Not sure if yours is a similar noise, but it is truly annoying.