Weird noise on load

Bowie

Reaction score
I have a 2015 S3 and have been loving it since I bought it. Recently I noticed a whining noise that almost sounded metallic coming from the front drivers side of the car. I thought it was originally rotational as it only happened when moving and not just revving. However I noticed now it only happens on load. I took it to Audi and the technician agreed he could hear the noise but said he thinks it's normal induction noise although couldn't be sure as it's only a small local Audi dealership and he doesn't 'see many of these' and wasn't prepared to admit it was a fault. His exact words were on a scale of 1-10 of noises people are concerned about this is only a 2 or 3. I paid the best part 30k in cash for the car and I expect the concerned noise rating to be a zero. Not happy. I'm convinced it's not right but was wondering if any of you guys had any ideas as it's completely ruining my experience. I'll be taking it to the main dealership in Norwich asap.Thanks

Metallic rattling/vibrating sounds from the S3 are normal. The wastegate rod rattles and the gearbox can rattle at low speed. Audi says both of these are designed "characteristics" of the car..

Are you able to upload a video of the noise?

Metallic rattling/vibrating sounds from the S3 are normal. The wastegate rod rattles and the gearbox can rattle at low speed. Audi says both of these are designed "characteristics" of the car..

Are you able to upload a video of the noise?
Lol thanks. Mine makes a faint metallic ringing noise at low speed. Given up giving a **** a long time ago.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Can do. Just at work at the moment!

get the same on my 66 plate s3.. it's almost like an induction/blower noise.. coming from the foot well area of drivers side, louder on load, or at speed, generally have my music on so doesn't bother me too much