Weird noise from my gearbox / clutch area

Chris_38

Reaction score
Wen I took my dual mass clutch and flywheel off to do my conversion I noticed the pressure plate on the dual mass had been " skimming ) the housing on my gearbox next to the spline , ( no pic of gear box but do have a pic of the clutch ) , I've changed my clutch to a SMF an have now rebuild it an have a tickin noise which will increase when I rev the car , it doesn't go when drove or the clutch is pressed which makes me think that the new pressure plate is rubbing on the housing too , does anyone kno about this my engine is a 1.8t 2000 agu , it's bugging me now because it will be e 4 time having the box of as I had a SMF sent out an it was wrong , and then I couldn't get a biting point etc so it's been a ball ache ! , any help would be appreciated ,

Here are the pics off the old pressure plate off the dual mass , u can see we're the bearing would have been for the clutch an were the marks are from the gearbox were its been rubbing previous but I never had this noise , I'm goin to see if I can make a video an up ImageImage