1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Weird light thing, feature?

fearLesss Jan 27, 2017

1. fearLesss

fearLesss Registered User

Hey all,

Had this weird experience with my lights, I pulled up outside my post office using my indicators (obviously) and I turned the car off but as I opened the door I got the “Lights On” warning when I had my lights on auto, but I forgot I had my left indicator still down and it left the DRL on the left hand side, is this a feature, and if so, what is it for? Had my panicking that I had faulty lights before I realised I left my indicator stalk down >_<

ttthomas94 likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Ben85

Ben85 Registered User

On other cars I've had over the years if I leave side lights on and indicator at the same time it'll leave either left or right light on only. I can only assume it's if you park on the left or right of a road and want to leave a marker light on to show other cars where your side of the car is in the road?

4. Vernam616

Vernam616 Registered User

Parking lights, been around for decades

rizzini7 likes this.
  5. fearLesss

A new thing for me, I've owned Japanese cars since I learned how to drive 10 years ago and they've not been old cars but they didn't have them.

6. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

As already mentioned its a parking light, whichever side you are indicating to, that side light will stay on, eg headlight and brake light, its a safety feature and has been around for years so nothing to worry about.

7. fearLesss

Thanks all! :D

xpoweruk likes this.