weird knocking noise - Please Help!

waqi

Reaction score
I got exams till wednesday so don't have any time at all to go into a garage, just thought I'd ask you lot if anyone knows what it could be. By the way its a 2.0tdi BKD engine

Car was fine when I set off, 10 minutes into journey and whenever the car coasts, there is a knocking noise from the front right side of the car (almost like somethings stuck to my tyre - checked front right tyre and looks fine). I'm pretty sure I can feel it though the accelerator. Weird thing is that the noise doesn't happen when accelerating or braking. It happens when coasting in gear/neutral and engaging clutch doesn't change anything. The knocking noise increases with speed.

Anyone ever experienced anything like this before, any help whatsoever will be great (will let me revise in peace) :blush:

does the noise happen on idle?

a video could help dude as these are always hard to describe

nope, can't replicate when idling, only happens when coasting.. I will try getting a video when I go for a break lol

Stupid me, remembered the accelerator is electronic - so defo can't feel anything through it.. Anyone know what could be knocking on the front bottom right side wheel/engine area? Could it be wheel arch liner/engine splash guard by any chance?