Weird heating prob

:: blade ::

Reaction score
my s3 has been playing up lately running like crap and bad mpg slowly getting through the list of stuff i need to do to fix it and now this has happened, basically if my heating is on in the car the car doesnt get to temp on the dash but the heating is warm, as soon as i turn the heating off the car gets to temp fine, is this a thermostat prob?

It might be a mix of thermostat and temp sensor if you go by logic if the car is being driven then the temp should be normal so if your getting funny readings on the gage I would go with the temp sensor/sender green 4 pin. There real cheap and easy to replace so I would go to that first and see if that solves your problem.

Robert.

It depends have you flushed the cooling system I did the same thing when I brought my car changed the sensor and it sorted my problems but started again a few months later so I pulled the sensor out and it was scaled up so I flushed the system and used a pre mixed coolant dropped a new sensor in and haven't had a problem since. Pop the sensor out and have a look if its covered in a layer of scale then that would be the problem it wouldnt cause it to fail but it will give you funny readings on the gage.

ok no prob will do that, im ive got some antifreeze to do a full flush through so will get it sorted asap :)
cheers

Might be worth taking the water tank out of the car fill it with hot water give it a good shake and empty it they collect so much crud in them over time no point doing a flush and leaving the tank dirty.

that will more than likely be the thermostat