Weird Handling after replacement tyres!

Chimp

Reaction score
Had a puncture on Friday last week and managed to limp to local trusted tyres centre,

I had/have continental sport 5 on from new and they always seemed a bit rubbish in the wet and didn't really feel that they turned in very well.

16,000 miles on and all of them are at 3mm all round....don't last to well either.,

Anyway, tyre place didn't have Michelin Pilot Super Sports in stock and suggested they can't get hold of them for some reason and I opted for Mich PS3.

It was the rear off-side with puncture but had to swap both rears to match now I have a really weird problem and think maybe it's perhaps having more tread on the back end?

If I am doing 50/60 or 70 ish and just steer slightly left or right it is as if the car doesn't react much then almost over reacts with the back end feeling as if it's "catching up" with the front of the car!!! Seriously Sh%^**g myself in the process!

I check tyre pressure and all were around 35 - 36 so made sure all were the same but still have the same situation.

Anyone else had this before or have any ideas? Will be calling tyre place at lunchtime to discuss!

New tyres can take 100 miles to bed in.

Before then, you will get more slip than normal.