Weird Brake Problem

J17_KNO

Reaction score
Good afternoon folks,

Since I got my 170 Quattro I've notice something strange with the brakes. At times when pressing the brakes they apply pretty strongly causing myself and passengers to be thrown forward. It happens randomly with no apparent pattern. It isn't an unsafe sudden braking but it is noticeable by myself and anyone else in the car. Anyone experienced a similar thing?

I initially just put it down to me applying the brakes harder without realising, which to be honest I still think is probably the answer, but I just thought I would ask the question in case anyone has experienced similar.

Thanks

Justin

Haven't had that problem mate but I would suggest the brake servo, sounds like it's sporadically over-pressuring the brakes. No idea why it would though

First step is get the brake fluid changed. Air in the system perhaps, or old fluid.

mjr901 - I also considered this but the brake fluid was changed in March time not long after I got it.

Reload - That is an interesting suggestion about the brake servo. Would there be any way to check it?

Unfortunately I don't, it was just a thought that seemed to make sense given your description of the problem