1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Weekend in Hockenheim - DTM

CarbonMike May 9, 2016

1. CarbonMike

CarbonMike Registered User

So me & Mrs CarbonMike spent a lovely weekend in Heidelberg & popped over to Hockenheim for this weekends DTM opening race....

Audi took P1 & P3 in race 1 (aswell as a win at the WEC 6hrs of Spa too!) But failed to get a podium on race 2 on Sunday :(

After flying HappyShopperAir into Frankfurt Hahn & collecting the hire car, a fully loaded 3.0 V6 Touareg, it was a wonderful 150km blast across central germany, across the Rhein towards the Neckar Valley (river) with the roof open in the most amazing weather (28c peaking at 31.5c) & then a few hours roaming the lovely city of Heidelberg before off to the circuit for the support races, TTRS cup/Porsche Cup/World RallyX etc. €80 gold tickets for the whole weekend inc grandstand upper tier seating & paddock passes all weekend.

Ill have to upload more photos from this phone but yea it was good. Back home 2am this morning after a close call with a deer on the M3 last night lol

Attached Files:

I'm Just Rob. likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. CarbonMike

In no particular order...

Attached Files:

4. CarbonMike

Display on the Audi hospitality suite.

Attached Files:

5. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

sounds and looks like you had a very nice weekend then.....stunning countryside there too, proper driving roads...

6. CarbonMike

Yes was a really nice weekend, well worth the 3am get up/drive to Stanstead on Friday morning!

I spent a lot of time living & working in Germany last year, mostly just outside of Stuttgart but during the winter. Such a nicer more pleasant place in the summer time!