wd tv

I've got one that may well be going spare if you're interested, it's in perfect nick (I'm pretty certain I've got the box and all the plastic bags the cables came in too) - I'm only considering letting it go because my media centre PC now spends its life connected to the big telly (was in the bedroom previously), so the WDTV doesn't get much use any longer.

It's a pretty capable little unit given the price-point, it's been great for me, playing a variety of different video formats without problems - there are even a couple of movies I've watched on it that are such high bitrate that my laptop can't cope. The only niggle with it is that it doesn't down-mix DTS audio to 2.0 stereo and shove it up the HDMI (a DTS downmix licence and chip are expensive); but while a few folks have got pretty bent out of shape over it, I just either make sure my files have AC3 audio, or remux the audio on a file so it's got AC3 as well as DTS multi-channel (takes about 15 minutes for an average movie). Of course it's not even slightly a problem if you've got a DTS compatible decoder, because the WDTV will pass DTS multi-audio straight out of an optical connector.

Let me know if you're interested...

All the best,

Rob.

Im after the version 2 if this makes sense not sure if thats what you have?

Apologies for slow reply... Been a hectic week... The version 2 is the 'WDTV Live' - which is the successor to the device above (in my post and the link). I've not read much into it yet, but it's got network support etc., and may (again, not read thoroughly enough) be able to mix DTS down to 2.0 internally...

All the best,

Rob.