Wavey lines on new windscreen!!!! Not happy

Buxton2901

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
So I managed to crack my windscreen whilst attaching my satnav to the window on Sunday. Must have been a deep chip of small crack that I hadn't noticed. Anyone phoned insurance company and they put me onto nationwide windscreen services as their approved repairer. They came today to fit a new screen which looked fine until my driving home in direct sun and the whole screen has these wavey vertical lines which are very distracting and not normal at all. See pics.
What shall I do? Phone window company first or insurance? It's a fuyao windscreen which I'm led to believe is oem spec although Chinese!!!
I'm almightally ****** off to say the least. I have massive ocd when it comes to things like this
0b2562ab54a87948718d1a5dd1308309.jpg
67b27290fe1b542d7088c1e80fae1cb8.jpg
ac5e005d615f2ae44cf5c9374e573b1a.jpg
3bdbc75d2037514e8fcfa7d31edb3e74.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I reported the windscreen cracked for a replacement with my insurer once. It was haunting me for the next 5 years in premiums so I decided to pay the full price next time (if it ever happen, hope not) as it will be cheaper than those 5 years premium's.

As you already done it, call the people who installed the glass for you. They must've gor something wrong. If this is normal for them and they work on behalf of your insurer, it must be prestine.
I would be ocd with it as well.
You look through it all the time and this is obstructing and distracting your vision.
Report it asap and demand replacement upto oem spec.
If refused, call your insurer

I reported the windscreen cracked for a replacement with my insurer once. It was haunting me for the next 5 years in premiums so I decided to pay the full price next time (if it ever happen, hope not) as it will be cheaper than those 5 years premium's.

Claimed for a windscreen does NOT effect your premiums. It even states that on all policies.

As for the original post, those wavy lines look like it's a heated screen. I drove a mondeo with those once that made it dangerous at night what with the extra dazzling affect they had!

Not an OE screen, looks like some cheap pikey pattern job (admittedly I'm not a glass expert). The wavey marks look almost like dirt. I'm of course assuming you've tried to clean it?

Get onto your insurer and say you are not happy with quality of the replacement and want it doing again to an acceptable standard

Claimed for a windscreen does NOT effect your premiums. It even states that on all policies.

As for the original post, those wavy lines look like it's a heated screen. I drove a mondeo with those once that made it dangerous at night what with the extra dazzling affect they had!

Maybe it doesn't affect NCB anymore but it did mines back then.

Hope that windscreen got finally sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk