Wavey Discs

Craig Bennett

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm in the process of changing my discs. Opting for Wavey Discs all round. (2011 car) I have. A price from the main dealer for a thousand inclusive of delivery for all four. I expect that's a price I may struggle to beat unless anyone here could suggest anywhere more competitive. Thoughts greatly appreciated.

If thats for all 4 for the RS5 that's a pretty good price for OEM.
'
When mine was in having the gearbox fixed (nearly 3 grands worth) they tried to get 2 new rear discs and pads from me for another 800 so 1000 for for all 4 is good considering fronts are much more expensive.

If thats for all 4 for the RS5 that's a pretty good price for OEM.
'
When mine was in having the gearbox fixed (nearly 3 grands worth) they tried to get 2 new rear discs and pads from me for another 800 so 1000 for for all 4 is good considering fronts are much more expensive.

I bought them for a thousand. I'm going to use EBC redstuff pads as the brake dust generated after one press on the pedal is slightly irritating. Was the gearbox fault the position sensor that affects the handbrake. Mine is currently displaying faults more frequently now so I'm preparing for a large bill!!

I bought them for a thousand. I'm going to use EBC redstuff pads as the brake dust generated after one press on the pedal is slightly irritating. Was the gearbox fault the position sensor that affects the handbrake. Mine is currently displaying faults more frequently now so I'm preparing for a large bill!!
My fault was the Transmission Control Unit. Basically once moving gear changes were fine but when stopping at junctions it would stay in neutral meaning is have to turn ignition off and on while moving it manually to P so when I restarted car it would pick up 1st gear when moving back to D.

It started with the dash warning saying gearbox fault but ok to drive, 50 miles later almost undriveable.

The part was something like £400 but 18 hrs labour is the killer, plus they changed a few other things as a preventative measure for other known faults which were not cheap like a wiring loom and oil pump within the gearbox.

I had 3rd party warranty which covered nearly all the bill luckily.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'd try upgrading to the ECS disks as they're full floating and will provide more even pad wear and enhanced braking. Plus you'll shed a few kilos vs. the OEM disks. Did I mention they make your car look sexy? No affiliation with ECS, just a regular customer.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/performance-front-rear-wave-rotor-kit/003281ecs02kt1/

They do look good. I looked at these but I don't think they are available in the UK :( . Best looking disc I've ever seen though....feeling disappointed with the ones I've bought now!!