Waterproof Key Pouch

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Looking at waterproof key pouches to put the A8 key in when we go out on the water. Has anyone got any recommendations before I buy some random unit off eBay/Amazon?

Get a blade cut instead that you can just as a manual blade if that's possible with the A8.
I've done in the past for when kayaking then I just leave the key in the car and lock it with the blade.
Just a thought, it's worked for me in the past but I prefer to do that than risk taking my key out on the water.

Reactions: Lavis89
As above, Im getting a blade cut for mine and leaving the fob in the car. Don't think it's worth the risk losing my proper key

Reactions: Rhino1989
Ziplock bag, or a ziplock bag inside another ziplock bag. Put your keys, phone and anything else you need to keep dry inside it.

I decided to go for a non-electronic key.
Have the main key in the car, lock the car with this key and put it in the wet suit pocket.

That's the idea.
I'm not to sure how the car will react to having its key locked inside but we will.

I did order a small dry bag as well for sandwiches.

Best way is non electronic key like first said so glad you went with it. Last thing you want is to have to test your expensive audi key in the drink.
I don't even bother with my phone when on the water. I'm sure dry bags and stuff are really good and do the job but I'd rather not take the risk when you don't have too.
Car will be fine with the key in the car, just don't leave it on the dash saying Hey look I'm the key for the car lol.

It's impossible to lock your keys in the A8 with keyless entry.

I've put the key on seats, boot, locked, unlocked and it's not possible.
I even put it in the petrol cap area and you can still get in.

Waterproof pouch it is.