Waterfall in passenger foot-well.

Taff D

Reaction score
Hi, I've search high and low for an answer to this and the clearest one I can find is for an A4 with blocked drain plug under battery. The water does not come in under heavy rain but only when I go through a car wash, I can see it ******* down on the right hand side of the passenger foot-well. The only thing that seems reasonable to me is that it is indeed a blocked drain hole. Can anyone tell me if and where they are on an A3 please?

Cheers Scotty did that last year, seemed fine! It's been leaking in car washes for a long time and I've now decided enough is enough.

Check the scuttle panel, I had a split in nine years ago, the water got in and ran down the wiring harness and into my ECU.
Fried it. It was like pouring out a kettle when we removed the ECU

2ND what Scotty_24 said . I had the same problem . Check the gap between scuttle panel and windscreen. Easy way to check, get some laminated paper and tuck it under windscreen and bend it in front of pollen filter . That way if water runs between windscreen and scuttle panel it'll run down laminated paper rather than into pollen filter .

Sorry I had similar problem as you . Sounds like water getting between windscreen and scuttle panel . As I said try laminated paper trick . Worked for me until I got a new windscreen fitted then didn't need it anymore.

I have the same problem but it comes after heavy rain. Seems to be running inbetween the scuttle panel and windscreen and dripping into the pollen filter. This then gets into my blower pipes and ****** out under high fan settings...New windscreen is on the wishlist!