Water pump failure?

Reaction score
Just pulled up at hospital and got out car and coolant dumped all over the floor. No signs of loose hoses etc so is this water pump failure? It’s due cambelt and pump next year but thinking it may have gone?
7E7989AE 742A 4538 85CF DED000CF5C7D

More like a rad failure tbh, the water pump just may drip, or the impeller comes off the shaft and stops spinning, sending the temps above 90

Managed to top it up with water so going to see if I can get home whilst watching temp and if I lose more when home

So temp stayed steady at 90 all way home. The water I had put in has gone and expansion tank empty. No signs of fluid near radiator at all just on the left side of car on the under tray where the expansion tank is - any ideas?

The expansion caps can fail
That’s a good shout and would explain what I’ve seen above. Just checked and there is coolant around the cap and top of tank which suggest the coolant has risen as opposed to come from the bottom of the tank or a hose.

If coolant has risen, then its not circulating imho, therefore could be a blockage &/or pump, tbh if its a pump it wouldnt refill the reservoir unless partially broken blades, rads are common, you need to refill, put a coolant pressure unit on the reservoir & see where its leaking from, if no leaks then look at pump.

Reactions: LEE69
So I have since fitted a new cap and driven around 50 miles as well as having the car idle on my drive for 30 mins when returning and so far no more fluid loss or change in level in reservoir. Temp in car stayed at 90 but got to around 105 via app and OBD port but beleive this is consided within 'normal' range when stationary and due to the mentioned issue I had to add water which would have diluted mix further. Will monitor over the coming days and fingers crossed was just the cap. Will be looking to get cambelt and water pump shortly anyway as about due. thanks for the help!

Reactions: LEE69