Water marks. Advice please.

TeaMonsta

Reaction score
I've just given my new car its first wash. After rinsing the paintwork, I went to work on the wheels and then went back to the paintwork to dry it off. There are marks on the paint where the water had been but no residue. You can just see where the water had been. The car had a ceramic coating applied just over a week ago. I wondered what the best way to remove the marks might be; a quick detailer or a water spot remover? The water spot remover seems to apply to marks caused by hard water but the marks don't seem to have been caused by that (although I could be wrong, of course). The water here is not particularly hard. Any advice greatly appreciated.

I would go with Koch Chemie FSE dilute it 50/50 it'll remove yer water marks mate, strange though as you say you don't live in a hard water area

Reactions: Bristle Hound and TeaMonsta
I would go with Koch Chemie FSE dilute it 50/50...
Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try. I've previously got round the problem (with my old, black Golf) by applying polish. But the main reason I had the ceramic coating applied is to be able to keep the new car clean with less effort (along with the other benefits it offers, of course) so a spray on/wipe off solution would be ideal.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try. I've previously got round the problem (with my old, black Golf) by applying polish. But the main reason I had the ceramic coating applied is to be able to keep the new car clean with less effort (along with the other benefits it offers, of course) so a spray on/wipe off solution would be ideal.
I had a ceramic coating on my last car, it suffered from water marks but only because it was parked in the drive for a wee while whilst on holiday, but normally especially at this time of year only direct sunlight will cause water marks and just heat alone in the summer months nevermind direct sunlight

Reactions: TeaMonsta
You could just get a DI Vessel for doing the final rinse. These things are a godsend in the summer as you can just leave the car to dry with no water spots.

Reactions: Jimbob76, TeaMonsta and NevMan
You could just get a DI Vessel for doing the final rinse. These things are a godsend in the summer as you can just leave the car to dry with no water spots.

+1 on the DI vessel

Reactions: Jimbob76
Just to add I've found ceramic coatings are prone to water spotting in the first few weeks. It seems to settle down after that. I don't know if it takes time for the coating to fully cure. Carpro Spotless had quickly sorted any issues for me. Just my experience having had a few ceramic coatings.

Reactions: NevMan
Just to add I've found ceramic coatings are prone to water spotting in the first few weeks. It seems to settle down after that. I don't know if it takes time for the coating to fully cure. Carpro Spotless had quickly sorted any issues for me. Just my experience having had a few ceramic coatings.

Well hello @scotty76, long time no hear from.

I bought CarPro spotless on @scotty76’s advice but almost a year in haven’t had to use.

Take a look at the raceglaze DI:

http://www.raceglaze.co.uk/car-care...-car-washing-filter/customer-reviews-tab#tabs

Reactions: scotty76
Brilliant! Thanks, all. A few options to try. I'm popping back to the detailer on his request after I asked him advice, too. He's offered to give the car a hot wash. I think he's got such pride in his work that he's not prepared to just suggest a solution, but properly investigate the issue. Can't fault the service there.