Water Marked Seats - How to Clean?

will89

Reaction score
My seats in my b6 avant are all marked with water. Whats the best way to clean and would it be easier if i removed the seats from the car? I have a vax i can use to remove water from the seats too.

Thanks.

Will.

I didn't have a Vax when I did mine but they turned out really well. I tried to get a hold of some Woolite but grudged paying postage costs so thought I'd just try some standard liquid hand wash (for delicates) off the supermarket shelf. If they'd been really dirty I probably would have got hold of some Autosmart BioBrisk and used that first of all.

I mixed the hand wash liquid up into a bucket of warm water and scrubbed the whole seat making sure every part of it was well soaked. I then wiped it down with clean water and MF cloth, allowed it to dry naturally and the water marks had all gone... easy! The important part is to make sure the whole of the seat gets wet and not just sections which causes the tide marks to appear after it's dried.

Last edited:
Funny enough I found that vanish foam did a very good job of my alcantara when at ****** on it, dont ask, but great outcome.

I got a few interior cleaners to try, just thinking it might be better to remove the seats before cleaning?