Water leaking into the boot?

Andyb5tdi

B5 1.9TDi AFN
Reaction score
When I bought the car the previous owner told me the central locking pump had been submursed in water, having replaced the pump a few weeks ago I recently looked at the issue and it appears that water is running down the rear wing and going between the bottom of the wing at the bumper:

Photo 2

And comes into the boot through this hole:

Photo 1

Can anyone shed any light on why this is happening? (Is there something missing?

Many thanks

Andy

does your car have a sunroof? Might be blocked drains.

I think there might be supposed to be a grommet in that round hole.?

Reactions: Andyb5tdi
does your car have a sunroof? Might be blocked drains.

I think there might be supposed to be a grommet in that round hole.?

Nope no sun roof on this one, just out of interest did they ever fit cars with A\C & a sun roof?

Yes, viewed an R plate 1.8T with both climate an sunroof. I so wanted that car but it was a total dog in 3 different shades of silver with poor panel gaps and brass wood screws holding the arch liners on. :-(

Had a similar issue on an old Yaris - turns out it was the seals on the rear lights.

My fix was clean up area where seal sits on the car and a bead of black sealant around the seal on the light, worked a treat!

It's a simple job to do/check - from memory 3 8 or 10mm nuts hold the light cluster on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think by default if you got AC the sunroof was removed, but you could pay extra to re-add it.