1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Water leak into cabin

ccm1 Oct 19, 2018

1. ccm1

ccm1 Member

My wife's A1 has a lot of water gathering in the driver side footwells, front and back. Has anybody had anything similar, or any idea where to start looking?

The car is only 16 months old and this is the second time we've had a leak into the cabin. Last year it went back to Audi who found a seal missing around the rear speakers in the door card.

I would just put it back to them this time but we live on an island which means it will cost a fortune and waste days. Audi won't entertain the idea of collecting the car regardless how much we bitch and moan. Unimpressed is an understatement, we specifically went for a brand new car to avoid this kind of thing!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. ChrisG.

ChrisG. Active Member Audi S1 quattro Sportback

Hi,

Wasn’t an A1, but when I had water in the footwell on another car, it was coming through the windscreen seal.

Hope this might be some help.

Chris

4. Nick185BE

Nick185BE New Member

Same here, my previous Seat Leon (still a VAG car) had the same and it was the soft rubber seals in the door frame itself which leaked into the front footwell then ran down and pooled into the rear.

5. rum4mo

rum4mo Well-Known Member

Maybe check the profile of the inner door seals to make sure that both side and/or front and rear openings all look the same, someone on the new Polo forum thinks their issue was due to the inner seal not fitted correctly either at factory or due to disturbance by the owner themselves.

VW Group small cars with leaks through the doors was very common at one time, especially with Skoda Fabias due to the way the window lifter assemblies are fixed to the door's inner skin.