water ingress A pillar?

kevbu

Reaction score
I have rain coming in and tracking down to the passenger footwell. Any had similar, I don't think its the plenum grommets problem.
How easy is it to take roof lining off or a pillar trim off to investigate, any pointers appreciated.
IMG_20150316_073907184_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150316_073844230.jpg

Does it have a sunroof?

Possible door rubbers damaged at the top.

No sunroof, but it is an avant with roof rails so I wonder if its something to do with them.
I need to strip it to find it I think.
Original screen AFAIK.

first thing id do is pull the carpet up, and protect the module in the floor,
and keep all the plugs ect dry behind the kick panel. does your rear wash work?

I'd drop the roof lining and have a mooch with a torch. Roof bars seem likely to me if the door seals are intact.

Not parked on slope, I've looked at your thread ro55, luckily under carpet is dry at moment.
Rear wash doesn't work! But i don't think its that because it only came in when raining not when I tried wash wipe.

I'm a bit weary of taking pillar and lining off because of curtain airbags.

Looking online at how to fit roof rails I don't think its them now because the way they seal in roof seems impenetrable (maybe)
I think screen somewhere somehow now.

Had a look at mine and cant see how water could get in past the seals.I agree best not to disturb the linings which are not designed for that and are hard to replace properly.What about removing the glove box and having a look behind at the area around the air intake; also check the screen area inside the scuttle for damage?Does yours have a battery cover?I have never liked the idea of so much water channelling down there

Only two places that can be coming from.

Where the roof rail is bolted, the rubber seals can crack and let water in.

The washer pipe has fractured, it runs along the roof and down the passenger side A post.

You can access both without touching the curtain airbag, just disconnect the battery first if you end up needed to move it.

Both will be a cheap fix just a bit fiddly as the roof trims are a bit tricky to remove and refit.