Water in passenger floor?

Padz

Reaction score
Hello there, just been out in my 02 avant 3.0Q and noticed lots of drips of water on the passenger mat - it was as if someone had spilt a glass of water there, had a look in and its dripping in from in behind the glovebox somewhere.. Can anybody shed some light on this? Im guessing its a drain hole blocked for the aircon? when i got the car the scuttle panel was chock full of leaves and bits of tree etc, cleared most of it but not sure how to get at the rest as its covered in plastic!

Thanks

Does the aircon leave a puddle under the car when its full on and stationary?If not it should be the drain but I would get the Plenum chamber cleaned out asap anyway

Agreed, it will be one of those two things (unless you have a sunroof?), plenum chamber most likely.

Thanks for the replies - no sunroof, not sure about any puddles from the aircon as i live in scotland and its always ****** wet lol. Will pop to Audi in the morn and see if they will do the plenum recall. There is a heap of leaves and foliage etc in the scuttle but i cant get to it.

Thanks for the replies - no sunroof, not sure about any puddles from the aircon as i live in scotland and its always ****** wet lol. Will pop to Audi in the morn and see if they will do the plenum recall. There is a heap of leaves and foliage etc in the scuttle but i cant get to it.

wet n dry vacuum at the local garage will work wonders if they wont do it for free.

So is it a big problem or no? I mean im ok to drive the car for now?

Just to bump this and i also went to audi today they told me its had the plenum recall. The floor is still wet but i used a wet n dry vac to help. Put the aircon on to demist the windows and a weird smell came out - is it the pollen filter?
Someone please help

Probably the pollen filter got contaminated by the water. I'd replace that, and also check that the evaporator drain is clear. Then get some Wynn's Airco or similar to deodorise the system.

Thanks for all your advice. You should be called the oracle.