Water in footwell

MattS5

Reaction score
Looks like I may have a small problem with my S4 already........

Had the air con on all day today and its been smelling a little niffy when I switch to the Econ mode. and this evening I seem to have water dripping from the passenger side, underneath the glovebox.
Its still heating and cooling ok so I dont think it can be the heater matrix, is it possible that I have a loose hose somewhere behind the glovebox?

Will take a look in the morning, but need to know how easy the glovebox comes out?

Other than that, the car is awesome. Mid range grunt is soooo much smoother then the re-mapped S3 I had

Welcome to the S4 club, sorry to hear about the problem !
Got a TSB on this but it refers to the drivers footwell!

Can email extract from manual for glove box removal, very straight forward, and the TSB if required.

Hopefully nothing to serious :thumbsup:

I had this problem, but it was nothing to do with the air con, the seal that runs along the bulk head in the engine bay had lifted slightly and was allowing water in, so I would check that first before taking your car part.

Just had the glove box out, and that was very straight forward.

looks like the water could be coming from the re cir unit/fan, but typically, it isn't doing it now.
Interestingly though, there seems to be no water coming from underneath the car when the air con is on which may suggest the drain hole for the air con is blocked.
The water which is coming out, is clean, which would back up this theory.

I dont know where the drain hole is to unblock it though :(

Yes I was thinking the same matt, its happened before. Not sure of the whereabouts of the drain hole but its possible. Did you buy it privately??

Pretty sure its the oulet for the evaporater which is blocked.
I posted the same question on Tyresmoke and somone has pointed me in that direction too. I also took a good look at it today and it is still leaking, I have a picture of the hole its coming from too.
It should be fairly straight forward to fix, as its not the matrix which is knackered.
Will take it to my local independent in the morning, he does lots of air con stuff so should be able to help.