Water in foot well problem. Allroad C5

robotplant

Reaction score
Been getting water running into mainly drivers footwell and a bit into the passengers footwell. I unblocked the two drain holes around battery area a few days back. I have no sunroof on this 54 plated Allroad so suspect it's the AC drain plug that must be the culprit. Was using the ac a lot the other day and not had much rain for a couple of days. Can the car still hold water even after the drain holes have been cleared?

Can anyone point me in the right area as to how to solve this problem. Pics and instructions would be great. Worried I';m going to fry the ecu's under the carpets as I'm in France on my hols at the moment.

Noticed there is no pollen filter cover, not sure if there is supposed to be one? Could be leaking at seal but is this related to outside rain input or ac problems?

Thanks for your reply Gaz. My pollen filter is on the other side but same principle applies I'm sure. . This fix will be related to when rain fall occurs. I will check and repair if necessary. Hope it's the problem and not ac drain leakage!

The water comes from either side of the upper transmission tunnel, which makes me more suspicious of the ac drainage routes. Any pics photos of this operation. Thanks

Merci Chris. Got another soaking using AC yesterday and not had any rain for 3 days now, got to be AC drain.

Do I tackle the job from the passenger side?

Is it easy to pull apart and will I need a compressor to blow down the drain hole?

One drain or two?

Cheers.

Thought I'd update this thread incase anyone else has the same issues. I have pulled the carpet back on the passenger side (UK) to reveal the funnel shaped drain pan pipe for the ac. Blown down it with a compressor. Not had any issues so far so fingers crossed this is the problem .

Having unblocked the two rain water bungs under the battery and brake servo. The only other thing I need to do is seal the windshield plastic drain cowl as it does seem not to be sitting true. I believe I have the non covered pollen filter housing type which can be a route for the water to leak through the windshield cowl if not sitting right.. Should have all bases covered now. Thanks for the replies and help on this matter.

Must say how impressed I was with the Allroad on my hols. Effortless drive, real comfy, roomy and fuel economy was fantastic. Being close to 2 tonne with 3 up and jammed full with luggage I was getting 45 mpg on the smaller roads and 38 mpg at 70/80 mph. Not bad for a big old lump!

Good job John, the allroad on it's own weighs 2 Tonnes ! There are so many people that slate them old cars but i cannot seem to find a new car that really ticks all the boxes for me so i stick to VAG cars up to 2005 !

Totally agree Chris. Keep hearing some concerning reports on the newer Audi's and Beamers. Had to take a photo of the mpg just in case no one believed me!
believed me!
2015 08 03 142939 800x600
ng some